Thursday Lunch Open Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Visit our amazing cellar door and enjoy our boutique premium wines from the oldest vines in the Geographe region, available for tasting and purchase, try some local produce from our cafe and local art
- Open Days/times:Thurs- Mon 10am- 5pm
- Wine Variety:Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Thursday,Friday
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Functions,Light Food,Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Gallery
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Vineyards:6 acres
- Winemaker:Naturaliste Vintners
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Brands:Cellar Series, Premium Series
- Wheelchair Access:Yes (ramps for entry, our carpark is gravel)
Two distinct wine styles are produced: the Premium Series is a wooded style vintage with food matching in mind, and the Cellar Series, restrained with oak and a fresh, vibrant fruit driven style.
The cellar door is entirely solar powered and has a ‘skate park’ roof shape designed to catch the perfect amount of sun power and collect rain water. All materials used in the cellar door are environmentally friendly and upcycled.
Capel Vale is a pioneer within Western Australia and amongst the first to be established with vines planted in 1974. Capel Vale Cellar Door & Match Restaurant open 7 days.
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-4pm
- Wine Variety:Brut,Malbec,Merlot Blend,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Sparkling,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Rosé
- Geographe:Busselton / Capel
- Vineyards:90 hectares
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Wheelchair Access,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday
- Lunch Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Capel Vale has been crafting intensely fruit driven, powerful yet elegant wines from the cool regions of Western Australia since 1974. A broad range of wines in the Debut, Regional Series, Cellar Exclusive, Black Label and Single Vineyard Wine tiers.
Capel Vale has established mature vineyards in Geographe, Margaret River and Mount Barker and produces wines that reflect the distinct climate and soils of each region.
Visitors are warmly welcome to the cellar door to taste and purchase the full range of Capel Vale Wines. Located in Capel, two hours from Perth, indulge in match plates by the fire or alfresco in the summer breeze at Capel Vale's charming cellar door, open every day from 10am - 4:30pm.
The Food - Match Restaurant
The philosophy behind the restaurant is to Match food and wine. The menu comprises of Match Plates where components match the characteristics in the recommended wine. Grazing plates & cheese plates are also available.
Open Thursday to Monday 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Bookings [email protected]
5 Red Stars