Holidays Cellar Door Open Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Capel Vale is a pioneer within Western Australia and amongst the first to be established with vines planted in 1974. Capel Vale Cellar Door & Match Restaurant open 7 days.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Brut,Malbec,Merlot Blend,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Sparkling,Sauvignon Blanc
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-4pm
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Thursday
- Facilities:Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Functions,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Geographe:Busselton / Capel
- Vineyards:90 hectares
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Capel Vale has been crafting intensely fruit driven, powerful yet elegant wines from the cool regions of Western Australia since 1974. A broad range of wines in the Debut, Regional Series, Cellar Exclusive, Black Label and Single Vineyard Wine tiers.
Capel Vale has established mature vineyards in Geographe, Margaret River and Mount Barker and produces wines that reflect the distinct climate and soils of each region.
Visitors are warmly welcome to the cellar door to taste and purchase the full range of Capel Vale Wines. Located in Capel, two hours from Perth, indulge in match plates by the fire or alfresco in the summer breeze at Capel Vale's charming cellar door, open every day from 10am - 4:30pm.
The Food - Match Restaurant
The philosophy behind the restaurant is to Match food and wine. The menu comprises of Match Plates where components match the characteristics in the recommended wine. Grazing plates & cheese plates are also available.
Open Thursday to Monday 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Bookings [email protected]
5 Red Stars
Set amid the rolling hills of Glen Mervyn in the scenic Preston Valley, majestic, centuries old Blackbutt trees flank the entrance to this husband and wife run winery and cellar door.
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 11am to 5pm
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Zinfandel,Shiraz,Cabernet,Cabernet Shiraz,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Dessert,Fortified,Riesling
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome
- Vineyards:4.2 hectares
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake, John Griffiths
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:600
Bernice and Tony O’Connell planted their first vines in 1997 on the site of an old blue gum plantation on a farm that had been in the same family since the 1890s.
All wine is made from the estate’s 4.2 hectare vineyard and includes Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Durif, Chardonnay, Riesling, Moscato, Port and Muscat Liqueur. The family philosophy is hands on in the vineyard and minimal intervention in the winemaking. which allows the fruit to express itself in the bottle. Mandalay Estate has won a number of awards over the years including a four-star rating by James Halliday in the 2014 wine companion and Best Cabernet Sauvignon in the 2017 Geographe wine show. The cellar door is open 7 days a week 11am to 5pm. Always a good idea to phone first 97 322006.