Dessert Wine Variety Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Set amid the rolling hills of Glen Mervyn in the scenic Preston Valley, majestic, centuries old Blackbutt trees flank the entrance to this husband and wife run winery and cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet,Cabernet Shiraz,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Dessert,Fortified,Riesling,Shiraz,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Zinfandel
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 11am to 5pm
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake, John Griffiths
- Cases Produced:600
- Vineyards:4.2 hectares
Bernice and Tony O’Connell planted their first vines in 1997 on the site of an old blue gum plantation on a farm that had been in the same family since the 1890s.
All wine is made from the estate’s 4.2 hectare vineyard and includes Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Durif, Chardonnay, Riesling, Moscato, Port and Muscat Liqueur. The family philosophy is hands on in the vineyard and minimal intervention in the winemaking. which allows the fruit to express itself in the bottle. Mandalay Estate has won a number of awards over the years including a four-star rating by James Halliday in the 2014 wine companion and Best Cabernet Sauvignon in the 2017 Geographe wine show. The cellar door is open 7 days a week 11am to 5pm.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9731 7141
Gourmet Traveller’s Best Small Cellar Door, Geographe (2014 and 2016) making hand crafted boutique wines, craft beers, delicious grazing plates and pizzas at their cellar door west of Donnybrook
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Fortified,Dessert,Method Traditionale,Tawny,Cabernet,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Malbec,Sparkling,Vermentino,Nero D'avola,Rosé
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door and Cafe: Saturday and Sunday 11am to 5pm and some public holidays. Please check our website.
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Tony Davis
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:1500
- Lunch Open:Sunday,Holidays,Saturday
- Facilities:Functions,Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Light Food,Dogs Welcome,Restaurant
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Three generations of the Hammond family have toiled together to create the vineyards of Oakway Estate within the Geographe Wine Region. Owners Wayne and Ria planted their vines in 1997, and following success with winemaking, the former orchard farm now supports a boutique winery and cellar door, nano brewery, vineyard, a plantation of sustainable blue gum trees and beef cattle.
Oakway Estate takes a very hands-on and natural approach to vineyard management to carefully monitor vine vigour and growth, with passion undertaking labour-intensive tasks including fruit thinning and leaf plucking to grow superb quality grapes.
Varieties include Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Vermentino, Nero D'avola, Malbec, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Old School Liqueur, Methode Chamenoise Sparkling Blanc de Blanc and a delicously sweet Moscato.
Enjoy sampling our wines, or stay longer and purchase a glass or bottle of wine to savour whilst overlooking our changing vineyard vista throughout the seasons. If you prefer beer, try our own craft beers on tap. Open weekends and most public holidays from 11am - 5pm.
Oakway's cellar door cafe features gourmet bespoke pizzas and local produce grazing platters designed to complement the Estate wines. A selection of our own craft beers are available too.
A calendar of Long Table Lunches prepared by local guest chefs to showcase WA’s excellent local produce is scheduled throughout the year. Bookings essential.
4 and half Stars