Sangiovese Wine Variety Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Located in country town Donnybrook, 40km South East of Bunbury, Barreca’s is family owned and operated, offering varieties of Shiraz, Barbera, Malbec, Zinfandel and Sangiovese.
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Wine Variety:Pinotage,Port,Sangiovese,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Viognier,Zinfandel,Fortified,Barbera,Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Grenache,Malbec
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Fri to Mon 10am to 5pm
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Vineyards:46 hectares
- Winemaker:Iolanda Ratcliffe
After a work trip to his family's homeland of Italy in the early 1990s Fil Barreca, aged just 21, discovered his intrinsic connection to working in a vineyard and growing grapes on a highly innovative Sicilian winery. He took inspiration and passion back to Donnybrook and begun planting vines immediately establishing the winery in 1994.
With 46 hectares under vine the predominant varieties include Shiraz, cult favourite Barbera, Shiraz Malbec, Zinfandel, Sangiovese and many more.
The sparkling and fortified wines are proudly 100% estate bottled, including the Estate’s premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil which is produced from the Estates premium olive plantation.