Riesling Wine Variety Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Capel Vale is a pioneer within Western Australia and amongst the first to be established with vines planted in 1974. Capel Vale Cellar Door & Match Restaurant open 7 days.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Brut,Malbec,Merlot Blend,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Sparkling
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-4pm
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Thursday
- Geographe:Busselton / Capel
- Vineyards:90 hectares
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Wheelchair Access,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday
Capel Vale has been crafting intensely fruit driven, powerful yet elegant wines from the cool regions of Western Australia since 1974. A broad range of wines in the Debut, Regional Series, Cellar Exclusive, Black Label and Single Vineyard Wine tiers.
Capel Vale has established mature vineyards in Geographe, Margaret River and Mount Barker and produces wines that reflect the distinct climate and soils of each region.
Visitors are warmly welcome to the cellar door to taste and purchase the full range of Capel Vale Wines. Located in Capel, two hours from Perth, indulge in match plates by the fire or alfresco in the summer breeze at Capel Vale's charming cellar door, open every day from 10am - 4:30pm.
The Food - Match Restaurant
The philosophy behind the restaurant is to Match food and wine. The menu comprises of Match Plates where components match the characteristics in the recommended wine. Grazing plates & cheese plates are also available.
Open Thursday to Monday 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Bookings [email protected]
5 Red Stars
Set amid the rolling hills of Glen Mervyn in the scenic Preston Valley, majestic, centuries old Blackbutt trees flank the entrance to this husband and wife run winery and cellar door.
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 11am to 5pm
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Zinfandel,Cabernet,Cabernet Shiraz,Muscat,Dessert,Fortified,Riesling,Shiraz,Durif
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Picnic Facilities
- Vineyards:4.2 hectares
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake, John Griffiths
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:600
- Types & Styles:Estate Grown,Family Run,Single Vineyard
Bernice and Tony O’Connell planted their first vines in 1997 on the site of an old blue gum plantation on a farm that had been in the same family since the 1890s.
All wine is made from the estate’s 4.2 hectare vineyard and includes Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Zinfandel, Durif, Chardonnay, Riesling, Moscato, Port and Muscat Liqueur. The family philosophy is hands-on in the vineyard and minimal intervention in the winemaking. which allows the fruit to express itself in the bottle. Mandalay Estate has won a number of awards over the years including a four-star rating by James Halliday in the 2014 wine companion and Best Cabernet Sauvignon in the 2017 Geographe wine show and a Trophy for their Zinfandel at the Boutique Winemakers Awards, Sydney in 2019. The cellar door is open 7 days a week 11 am to 5 pm.
Experience the charm of this apple-turned-grape growing region at this small family owned and operated winery in the picturesque Preston Valley, making sweet and dry table wines and port.
- Open Days/times:Everyday 10.00am till 6.00pm
- Wine Variety:Verdelho,Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Brands:Thomson Brook Wines
- Cases Produced:Less than 999
- Vineyards:6 hectares
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Winemaker:Terry Foster
- Facilities:Cellar Door
Located 7km from Donnybrook, in the Preston Valley, Thomson Brook was established in 1993 by Pam and Terry Foster. Traditionally, the region has been renowned as WA's premier apple-growing area, however, in recent years Donnybrook has established a steady reputation as a new and vibrant viticultural area. The estate produces a range of quality wines from hand-picked grapes, which are grown in the rich loam soils of the region.
White varieties include Riesling, Semillon, Verdelho and Semillon Sauvignon Blanc; and reds include Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Merlot, Shiraz, Tempranillo and a Port.
Tastings and wine sales are available at the Thomson Brook cellar door, which also offers barbecue facilities and fresh local produce for sale. Open daily from 10am - 6pm.