Pinot Noir Wine Variety Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Capel Vale is a pioneer within Western Australia and amongst the first to be established with vines planted in 1974. Capel Vale Cellar Door & Match Restaurant open 7 days.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Sparkling,Sauvignon Blanc,Brut,Malbec,Merlot Blend
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-4pm
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door,Functions,Wheelchair Access
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Thursday
- Geographe:Busselton / Capel
- Vineyards:90 hectares
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Capel Vale has been crafting intensely fruit driven, powerful yet elegant wines from the cool regions of Western Australia since 1974. A broad range of wines in the Debut, Regional Series, Cellar Exclusive, Black Label and Single Vineyard Wine tiers.
Capel Vale has established mature vineyards in Geographe, Margaret River and Mount Barker and produces wines that reflect the distinct climate and soils of each region.
Visitors are warmly welcome to the cellar door to taste and purchase the full range of Capel Vale Wines. Located in Capel, two hours from Perth, indulge in match plates by the fire or alfresco in the summer breeze at Capel Vale's charming cellar door, open every day from 10am - 4:30pm.
The Food - Match Restaurant
The philosophy behind the restaurant is to Match food and wine. The menu comprises of Match Plates where components match the characteristics in the recommended wine. Grazing plates & cheese plates are also available.
Open Thursday to Monday 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Bookings [email protected]
5 Red Stars
Experience the charm of this apple-turned-grape growing region at this small family owned and operated winery in the picturesque Preston Valley, making sweet and dry table wines and port.
- Open Days/times:Everyday 10.00am till 6.00pm
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho
- Brands:Thomson Brook Wines
- Cases Produced:Less than 999
- Vineyards:6 hectares
- Winemaker:Terry Foster
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Located 7km from Donnybrook, in the Preston Valley, Thomson Brook was established in 1993 by Pam and Terry Foster. Traditionally, the region has been renowned as WA's premier apple-growing area, however, in recent years Donnybrook has established a steady reputation as a new and vibrant viticultural area. The estate produces a range of quality wines from hand-picked grapes, which are grown in the rich loam soils of the region.
White varieties include Riesling, Semillon, Verdelho and Semillon Sauvignon Blanc; and reds include Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Merlot, Shiraz, Tempranillo and a Port.
Tastings and wine sales are available at the Thomson Brook cellar door, which also offers barbecue facilities and fresh local produce for sale. Open daily from 10am - 6pm.