Merlot Wine Variety Wineries in Donnybrook / Capel
Wineries in Donnybrook Capel
Capel Vale is a pioneer within Western Australia and amongst the first to be established with vines planted in 1974. Capel Vale Cellar Door & Match Restaurant open 7 days.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Rosé,Brut,Malbec,Merlot Blend,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Sparkling,Sauvignon Blanc
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-4pm
- Facilities:Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Functions,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Geographe:Busselton / Capel
- Vineyards:90 hectares
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Capel Vale has been crafting intensely fruit driven, powerful yet elegant wines from the cool regions of Western Australia since 1974. A broad range of wines in the Debut, Regional Series, Cellar Exclusive, Black Label and Single Vineyard Wine tiers.
Capel Vale has established mature vineyards in Geographe, Margaret River and Mount Barker and produces wines that reflect the distinct climate and soils of each region.
Visitors are warmly welcome to the cellar door to taste and purchase the full range of Capel Vale Wines. Located in Capel, two hours from Perth, indulge in match plates by the fire or alfresco in the summer breeze at Capel Vale's charming cellar door, open every day from 10am - 4:30pm.
The Food - Match Restaurant
The philosophy behind the restaurant is to Match food and wine. The menu comprises of Match Plates where components match the characteristics in the recommended wine. Grazing plates & cheese plates are also available.
Open Thursday to Monday 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Bookings [email protected]
5 Red Stars
- [email protected]
- (08) 9731 7141
Gourmet Traveller’s Best Small Cellar Door, Geographe (2014 and 2016) making hand crafted boutique wines, craft beers, delicious grazing plates and pizzas at their cellar door west of Donnybrook
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Fortified,Dessert,Method Traditionale,Tawny,Cabernet,Nero D'avola,Rosé,Malbec,Sparkling,Vermentino
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door and Cafe: Saturday and Sunday 11am to 5pm and some public holidays. Please check our website.
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Wheelchair Access,Restaurant,Light Food,Dogs Welcome
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Tony Davis
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:1500
- Lunch Open:Sunday,Holidays,Saturday
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
Three generations of the Hammond family have toiled together to create the vineyards of Oakway Estate within the Geographe Wine Region. Owners Wayne and Ria planted their vines in 1997, and following success with winemaking, the former orchard farm now supports a boutique winery and cellar door, nano brewery, vineyard, a plantation of sustainable blue gum trees and beef cattle.
Oakway Estate takes a very hands-on and natural approach to vineyard management to carefully monitor vine vigour and growth, with passion undertaking labour-intensive tasks including fruit thinning and leaf plucking to grow superb quality grapes.
Varieties include Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Vermentino, Nero D'avola, Malbec, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Old School Liqueur, Methode Chamenoise Sparkling Blanc de Blanc and a delicously sweet Moscato.
Enjoy sampling our wines, or stay longer and purchase a glass or bottle of wine to savour whilst overlooking our changing vineyard vista throughout the seasons. If you prefer beer, try our own craft beers on tap. Open weekends and most public holidays from 11am - 5pm.
Oakway's cellar door cafe features gourmet bespoke pizzas and local produce grazing platters designed to complement the Estate wines. A selection of our own craft beers are available too.
A calendar of Long Table Lunches prepared by local guest chefs to showcase WA’s excellent local produce is scheduled throughout the year. Bookings essential.
4 and half Stars
Experience the charm of this apple-turned-grape growing region at this small family owned and operated winery in the picturesque Preston Valley, making sweet and dry table wines and port.
- Wine Variety:Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho,Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay
- Open Days/times:Everyday 10.00am till 6.00pm
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Brands:Thomson Brook Wines
- Cases Produced:Less than 999
- Vineyards:6 hectares
- Winemaker:Terry Foster
- Facilities:Cellar Door
Located 7km from Donnybrook, in the Preston Valley, Thomson Brook was established in 1993 by Pam and Terry Foster. Traditionally, the region has been renowned as WA's premier apple-growing area, however, in recent years Donnybrook has established a steady reputation as a new and vibrant viticultural area. The estate produces a range of quality wines from hand-picked grapes, which are grown in the rich loam soils of the region.
White varieties include Riesling, Semillon, Verdelho and Semillon Sauvignon Blanc; and reds include Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Merlot, Shiraz, Tempranillo and a Port.
Tastings and wine sales are available at the Thomson Brook cellar door, which also offers barbecue facilities and fresh local produce for sale. Open daily from 10am - 6pm.