Accommodation Facilities Wineries in Denmark Coast
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Denmark To Walpole Region
- [email protected]
- (08) 9848 3344
Established in 2007 and renowned for producing high-quality wines sourced from some of the very best Great Southern and Pemberton vineyards in Western Australia.
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Rose,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz,Sparkling,Syrah,Tempranillo,Viognier
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door: Wed to Mon 11am to 4pm; Restaurant: Wed to Mon 12 pm to 3:30pm lunch and Fri & Sat 6pm to 9:30pm dinner
- Brands:il Liris, Estate, Empirica, Blend, The Sum
- Cases Produced:20,000 cases
- Winemaker:Mike Garland
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Monday,Holidays,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Accommodation,Functions,Restaurant
- Great Southern:Denmark
In 2004 Sam Castelli purchased land and a partially finished winery building on what is now the Castelli Estate, with the intention of using it as a family holiday home. After finishing the winery building, Sam decided to continue what the previous owners had started and turned it into an operating winery after all. So began a bright and star-studded journey.
Sam Castelli didn’t stop the construction at a winery. The estate now boasts a cellar door which is open Wednesday to Monday, 11am to 4 pm, and an authentic Italian restaurant which is open Wednesday to Monday 12 pm to 3:30 pm for lunch and Fridays and Saturdays 6pm to 9:30pm for dinner. And also the newly renovated accomodation just next to the restaurant, with five Deluxe king size en-suites and expansive views over Mt Lindsay, the vineyards, and the green rolling hills and Karri trees so typical of the Denmark countryside.
The wines are made by local winemaker Mike Garland and are consistently awarded high scores from national wine press, and enjoy medals and trophies at wine shows around Australia.
Five ranges of wine are sourced exclusively from the Home Block vineyard in Denmark, and vineyards in Mt Barker, Pemberton, The Porongurups and Frankland River.
Wines available to try and purchase include riesling, sauvignon blanc, chardonnay, pinot noir, shiraz, cabernet, grenache, a sparkling and a dessert wine. The winery also makes a selection of alternate varietal wines, including an orange chardonnay and an iced viognier.
Cellar door in Denmark on Mt Shadforth drive, or the newly built (2018) ‘urban cellar door’ in Myaree.
Winery, cellar door, restaurant and lodge on the property.
5 Red Stars