Mount Barker Great Southern Wineries in Cranbrook
Wineries in Cranbrook
- [email protected]
- 0418 361 052
Discover the 5 Red Star Halliday-rated Riesling and Cabernet Sauvignon from the Great Southern Region’s most northern vineyard, owned operated by the Sprigg Family.
- Open Days/times:Appointment Only
- Wine Variety:Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Riesling,Shiraz
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Vineyards:6.5 hectares
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Appointment Only
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Great Southern:Mount Barker
- Cases Produced:3500 cases
Established on the Sprigg family farm near Mount Barker in 1993. Second generation Ben and wife Louise now run the property which focuses on Riesling and Cabernet, with varieties Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Shiraz and Merlot also planted. Former Howard Park winemaker James Kellie makes the wines at his nearby Harewood Estate winery. From the onset, vintages of Trevelen Wines have received significant critical acclaim including the coveted 5 Red Star James Halliday winery rating.
Just 30 minutes north of Mount Barker, the Trevelen cellar door has a beautiful view of rolling vineyards and the picturesque Stirling Ranges. Tastings can be arranged by appointment only.
5 Red Stars