Other White Wine Variety Wineries in Cowaramup
Wineries in Cowaramup
- [email protected]
- (08) 9755 9000
After visiting over 30 sites, a stunning southern site in Walcliffe was chosen to establish this high-scoring winery’s minimal intervention vineyard and wine range.
- Wine Variety:Other White,Syrah,Malbec,Cabernet Malbec,Fiano,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc
- Open Days/times:C/- Juniper Estate, Open 7 days 10am - 5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Margaret River:Wallcliffe
- Brands:Higher Plane
- Wheelchair Access:Yes, wheelchair-modified bathrooms available
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Cases Produced:2000
The original owners of Higher Plane inspected over 30 sites around Margaret River before settling upon Forest Grove. The vineyard, with its gravelly duplex soils and southern Margaret River cool southerly winds, was first planted in 1997 with Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Malbec, Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon. Subsequent Chardonnay plantings have ensued. Natural farming principles are followed to ensure optimum soil health and encourage biodiversity in the vineyard.
The team firmly believes in the ‘less is more’ approach, seeking delicacy, elegance and complexity in the wines through minimal intervention winemaking. Indigenous yeasts are often used for fermentation and minimal sulphur additions are made for the truest expression of the vineyard site. Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay are the heroes, and an innovative Fiano is being pioneered.
The wines are sold through the cellar door of our sister brand Juniper, which can be found at 98 Tom Cullity Drive, Cowaramup, WA, and are also available online though the Higher Plane website.