Restaurant Facilities Wineries in Chittering
Wineries in Chittering
- [email protected]
- 089571 8069
Surrounded by natural bush and birdlife at the foothills of the Chittering Valley wine trail this family-friendly winery and restaurant offers deliciously simple food and award-winning regional wines.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Shiraz,Chardonnay,Rosé,Verdelho
- Open Days/times:Wed to Sat 11:30am onwards
- Wine Region:Perth Hills
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Restaurant
- Cases Produced:525 cases
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Ryan Sudano
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Dinner Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Size & Year:Micro (1-999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Perth Hills:Chittering Valley
Stringybark Winery and Restaurant was established in 1985 and named after Stringybark Creek in North Eastern Victoria. In much earlier times, Stringybark Creek and Australian bushranger Ned Kelly became folklore following a shootout with Sgt. Kennedy and Constables Scanlon and Lonigan.
Only a 50 minute drive from Perth, this casual, family-friendly restaurant has a roaring log-fire and a range of traditional favourites on the menu, including pizzas, pastas and rustic home-style meals.
Stringybark vineyard is one of the oldest in the Chittering Valley and produces a limited quantity of hand-picked Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Verdelho grapes. This limited production combined with the special regional characteristics of the Chittering Valley helps to produce wines with intensity and distinctive varietal character.