Dessert Wine Variety Wineries in Chittering Valley
Wineries in Chittering Valley
- [email protected]
- (08) 9571 8800
Enjoy light meals, hampers and an expansive collection of red and whites at the cosy cellar door in this state-of-the-art winery in Lower Chittering Valley.
- Wine Region:Perth Hills
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Sparkling,Cabernet Shiraz,Chenin Blanc,Chenin Verdelho,Grenache,Malbec,Shiraz,Verdelho,Viognier,Cabernet,Chardonnay,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc
- Vineyards:125 hectares
- Winemaker:Israel De Brito
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Perth Hills:Chittering Valley
- Cases Produced:25,000 cases
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Established in 2000, Western Range Wines is an award-winning winery situated within the picturesque Chittering Valley. Just under an hour northeast of Perth, the Chittering Valley is far-removed from the hustle and bustle of the city. The region’s topography is responsible for a number of microclimates suitable for different grape varieties. The climate is typically Mediterranean with cool, wet winters, ideal for retaining acid structure and flavour.
The hillside location and modern vinification equipment allows for efficient and gentle handling, respecting the varietal characteristics of the grapes. Minimal winemaking handling techniques are employed to enhance freshness and character of the aromatic white varieties. In contrast, traditional winemaking techniques are employed on red varieties, with open fermenters and barrel aging to produce elegant, modern expressions of each variety. Western Range Wines are currently exported into Canada, China, France, Poland, Russia and Japan.
The current Cellar Door facility is an original weatherboard building, which has been converted into a cosy tasting room and sales area. Light meals, snacks and hampers are available whilst enjoying well informed wine tastings.
5 Red Stars