(All) Dinner Open Wineries in Caversham
Wineries in Caversham
- [email protected]
- 08 6279 0500
Settled on the banks of the Swan in the 1840s, Mandoon is an iconic destination for the region with cellar door, fine dining restaurant, outdoor deli, microbrewery, gallery and kids play area.
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Rosé,Merlot,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Classic Dry White,Grenache,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Shiraz,Verdelho
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: Wed – Sun Lunch, Fri – Sat Dinner, Sat - Sun Breakfast | Brewery: Sun – Thu 7:30am - 8:30pm, Fri - Sat 7:30am - 9:30pm
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Winemaker:Ryan Sudano (Senior Winemaker)
- Facilities:Accommodation,Functions,Kids Play Area,Cellar Door,Gallery,Restaurant
- Size & Year:Established 2001 - 2010,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:10000 cases
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday
- Lunch Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Breakfast Open:Saturday,Sunday
Settled by John Septimus Roe soon after the establishment of the Swan River Colony, Mandoon Estate has significant heritage. In the language of the local aboriginals, it means “place of many trees.”
The picturesque ground is complete with a kid’s play area and gallery located in the property’s original homestead, cellar door, microbrewery and varied eating facilities, making it a popular destination for locals and tourists looking to unwind.
In the words of Sir James Stirling: “The richness of the soil, the bright foliage of the shrubs, the majesty of the surrounding trees, the abrupt and red coloured banks of the River occasionally seen, and the view of the blue summits of the mountains from which we were not far distant, made the scenery around this spot as beautiful as anything or kind I had ever witnessed.”
Mandoon Estate is located just 30 minutes from Perth CBD and accessible by both road and river, or just a scenic helicopter flight away! Or for the ultimate weekend away, stay in one of 32 beautifully appointed rooms at the Colony.
A block of Verdelho was first planted in 1895 and still produces grapes today, make it one of the oldest commercially used vineyards in Western Australia.
The winery has only been producing wine since 2010, all of which can be enjoyed at the award-winning cellar door. The focus is on creating a boutique range of premium wines from well-preserved low-yielding vineyards in the Swan Valley and other regions. Varieties include Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Verdelho, Riesling, Chardonnay, Grenache, Cabernet, Cabernet Merlot and Shiraz.
Executive chef Michael Hartnell oversees the fine dining restaurant offering a modern Australian menu. For a more casual experience there’s an outdoor deli and bar offering pizza, roast meat on the spit and gourmet sausages, all located next to the children’s playground and gallery.
THE ‘HOMESTEAD’ MICROBREWERY
The ‘Homestead’ microbrewery remains the only brewery of its kind in Australia, using German manufactured Schulz brewing equipment to produce unique craft ales and cider.
TOURS & FUNCTIONS
Stunning grounds, a purpose-built function centre and private wine tasting cellar makes it possible to cater for all needs: a casual meal, intimate dinner, private tastings, wedding or gala ball. A range of experiences can be organised in advance, including corporate team building, bush tucker tasting packages, private tours, river cruises and scenic chopper flights. Extend your stay at the new 32 room luxe accommodation – The Colony.
ACCOMMODATION: THE COLONY
Enjoy one of 32 beautifully appointed rooms, overlooking the historic Verdelho vines and the banks of the Swan. This the perfect base from which to explore the valley, be it a lazy day on the Estate, a leisurely lunch, gourmet ramble and gallery hopping around the Valley, or bush walking and mountain biking in the nearby national parks.
Wild Swan Restaurant: Wed – Sun Lunch, Fri – Sat Dinner
Homestead Brewery: Sun – Thu 7:30am - 8:30pm Fri - Sat 7:30am - 9:30pm
The Lawn: Sat – Sun 11am - 5pm
- [email protected]
- (08) 9279 6818
Established in 1980 by Italian migrants Domenic and Iolanda Pinelli, enjoy superb wines and Italian cuisine in the rustic, rammed earth restaurant or gorgeous alfresco area, overlooking the vines.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Dessert,Cabernet Merlot,Sparkling,Rosé,Method Traditionale,Shiraz,Verdelho,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Durif,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc,Grenache
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Everyday 10am - 5pm | Restaurant: Thur – Sun Lunch, Thur - Sat Dinner
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Vineyards:7 acres
- Winemaker:Domenic Pinelli
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Thursday
- Breakfast Open:Sunday
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday,Thursday
- Cases Produced:17000 cases
Open 7 days per week, this award-winning, second-generation boutique family winery produces sparkling, flavoursome whites, rich reds, delicate dessert and fortified wines that have been handcrafted to perfection over the last 35 years.
Enjoy a relaxed tasting at the cellar door or the restaurant, nestled amongst the grapevines of the Estate, offering a delicious modern-Italian menu of platters, pasta and dishes off the grill for lunch and dinner. All meals are complemented with premium, handcrafted Pinelli Estate wines or other local and imported wines, beers or spirits.?
Pinelli Wines was established in the Swan Valley in 1980 by Domenic and Iolanda Pinelli. Having emigrated to Australia from the Molise region of Italy in the mid 1950's, they shared a vision to create a family winery incorporating their Italian heritage, which recognised that good wine needed to be a part of every dining experience.
Domenic gained invaluable experience working for over twenty years with the iconic Western Australian producer of the 1960s, Waldeck Wines, and purchased what he referred to as "the pick of the vineyards of the area" - a 7 acre block in Caversham, Western Australia.
Domenic and Iolanda shared the knowledge and joy of winemaking with their sons Robert and Daniel, ensuring that the winery would continue to grow with future generations. A simple philosophy of ensuring exceptional quality from the vineyard to the glass has meant that from humble beginnings some three decades ago, Pinelli's has now grown to become a second-generation family winery producing around 150,000 litres of wine each year.