Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases) Size & Year Wineries in Caversham
Wineries in Caversham
- [email protected]
Experience a ‘taste of Italy’ in the Valley; discover old-vine, family-made Italian varietal wines served with delicious antipasto platters, cheese boards and house-made arancini.
- Open Days/times:Thur to Mon 10am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Merlot,Shiraz,Cabernet Sauvignon,Grenache,Sangiovese,Verdelho,Vermentino
- Cases Produced:1500 cases
- Winemaker:Mickele Amonini
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Monday,Thursday
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Thursday
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
Owner Mickele Amonini's family has a rich winemaking history within the Valtellina region, near the Swiss-Italian border in northern Italy. Continuing this tradition in Australia, Michele and partner Karen Turner purchased a vineyard with vines dating back to 1945 to create their boutique, award-winning Ambrook winery within the rich soils of the Swan River in West Swan.
Italian wines are the focus, with dry to sweet styles including Verdehlo and Moscato (made from vines planted in 1945). The medium to full bodied reds include a Grenache blend, Sangiovese and Cabernet Sauvignon. The Porto Di Pia (dessert wine) is a wild-fermented fortified white made in an Italian Vin Santo style. All wines are available for purchase at the Ambrook cellar door or online.
The estate houses a rustic cellar door with an inviting, laidback approach to wine-tasting. Be sure to enjoy a range of Italian favourites; including antipasto, cheeses and arancini balls, best enjoyed overlooking the beautiful vista of vines. Open Thursday to Monday 10am - 5pm.