Chenin Blanc Wine Variety Wineries in Caversham
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Caversham
- (08) 9378 9945
Based at the historic Valencia cellars and close to the Lilac Hill park which regularly hosts International Cricket tour matches - just north of Guildford. Wine styles include Zinfandel and Verdelho.
- Wine Variety:Port,Shiraz,Verdelho,Cabernet,Dessert,Fortified,Sparkling,Chardonnay,Merlot,Chenin Blanc,Rose,Sherry,Viognier
- Open Days/times:Tue to Sun 10:30am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Winemaker:Stephen Murfit
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:15 000 cases
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Principal Stephen Murfit was in the Royal Australian Army until he took leave to assist his parents with a newly-acquired winery and vineyard. He was so impressed with the business that he and wife Amaya now make wine for 10 growers, as well as their own Lilac Hill label. Along with Zinfandel and Verdelho, the range includes Chenin, Chardonnay, Cabernet Merlot, Merlot and Semillon.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9279 6818
Established in 1980 by Italian migrants Domenic and Iolanda Pinelli, enjoy superb wines and Italian cuisine in the rustic, rammed earth restaurant or gorgeous alfresco area, overlooking the vines.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Shiraz,Verdelho,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chenin Blanc,Merlot,Method Traditionale,Sparkling,Rose,Dessert,Cabernet Merlot,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc,Grenache,Durif
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Everyday 10am - 5pm | Restaurant: Thur – Sun Lunch, Thur - Sat Dinner
- Breakfast Open:Sunday
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday,Thursday
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Cellar Door Open:Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
- Facilities:Restaurant,Cellar Door
- Vineyards:7 acres
- Winemaker:Domenic Pinelli
- Cases Produced:17000 cases
Open 7 days per week, this award-winning, second-generation boutique family winery produces sparkling, flavoursome whites, rich reds, delicate dessert and fortified wines that have been handcrafted to perfection over the last 35 years.
Enjoy a relaxed tasting at the cellar door or the restaurant, nestled amongst the grapevines of the Estate, offering a delicious modern-Italian menu of platters, pasta and dishes off the grill for lunch and dinner. All meals are complemented with premium, handcrafted Pinelli Estate wines or other local and imported wines, beers or spirits.?
Pinelli Wines was established in the Swan Valley in 1980 by Domenic and Iolanda Pinelli. Having emigrated to Australia from the Molise region of Italy in the mid 1950's, they shared a vision to create a family winery incorporating their Italian heritage, which recognised that good wine needed to be a part of every dining experience.
Domenic gained invaluable experience working for over twenty years with the iconic Western Australian producer of the 1960s, Waldeck Wines, and purchased what he referred to as "the pick of the vineyards of the area" - a 7 acre block in Caversham, Western Australia.
Domenic and Iolanda shared the knowledge and joy of winemaking with their sons Robert and Daniel, ensuring that the winery would continue to grow with future generations. A simple philosophy of ensuring exceptional quality from the vineyard to the glass has meant that from humble beginnings some three decades ago, Pinelli's has now grown to become a second-generation family winery producing around 150,000 litres of wine each year.
Situated on the banks of the Swan, delight in the stunning natural setting and manicured lawns, multi award-winning wines and superb a la carte restaurant, winner of several gold-plate awards.
- Wine Variety:Sangiovese,Semillon,Shiraz,Tempranillo,Verdelho,Vermentino,Zinfandel,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Grenache,Malbec,Petit Verdot,Pinot Noir
- Open Days/times:10am - 4pm daily
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
- Breakfast Open:Sunday
- Vineyards:27 acres
First planted on the fertile banks of the Swan River in 1988, the vineyard of this stunning property has grown to encompass nearly thirty acres of mature, low yielding vines, producing exceptional fruit that is lovingly handcrafted into premium, regional, varietal wines, vinified and bottled on-site.
The Cellar Door, open 10am - 4pm daily, should be your first stop, offering a large range of reds, whites and rosé wines for tasting. In total, 17 varieties of grapes are grown at Riverbank Estate, including 5 white varieties; Verdelho, Chenin Blanc, Semillon, Chardonnay and Vermentino; and 12 red varities including; Tempranillo, Malbec, Grenache, Zinfandel, Sangiovese, Petit Verdot, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Nero D’Avola and Mataro.
Take the time to enjoy a superb lunch at the restaurant, winner of several gold plate awards. Architecturally designed and rustic in style with wide verandahs and large expanses of manicured lawns provide plenty of space to slow down and unwind while taking in the beautiful vineyard and stunning surrounds. The menu changes regularly to incorporate the best seasonal foods and where possible, local, organically grown produce.
WEDDINGS / EVENTS
Riverbank holds a range of public events, all listed on their website.
The estate is also popular for weddings and events, with a dedicated coordinator able to arrange stunning events at the restaurant, on the lawns or even a marquee for hire, all of which enjoy 180 degree, panoramic views towards the Swan River and the historical landmark of Woodbridge House.
Tastings are available daily between 10am and 4pm.
Our Restaurant is open between 11:30am and 3pm, and is also open on Sundays for breakfast from 7:30am to 10:30am.