Cabernet Wine Variety Wineries in Caversham
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Caversham
- (08) 9378 9945
Based at the historic Valencia cellars and close to the Lilac Hill park which regularly hosts International Cricket tour matches - just north of Guildford. Wine styles include Zinfandel and Verdelho.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Fortified,Sparkling,Chardonnay,Merlot,Port,Shiraz,Verdelho,Cabernet,Chenin Blanc,Rose,Sherry,Viognier
- Open Days/times:Tue to Sun 10:30am to 5pm
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Winemaker:Stephen Murfit
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Cases Produced:15 000 cases
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
Principal Stephen Murfit was in the Royal Australian Army until he took leave to assist his parents with a newly-acquired winery and vineyard. He was so impressed with the business that he and wife Amaya now make wine for 10 growers, as well as their own Lilac Hill label. Along with Zinfandel and Verdelho, the range includes Chenin, Chardonnay, Cabernet Merlot, Merlot and Semillon.