Events in Cannington
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Events in Cannington
- [email protected]
- (08) 9451 1820
A community party like never before, expect blooming brilliance at this year’s Make Smoking History Canning Show!
- Dates:Nov 1 & 2
- Venue:Cannington Exhibition Centre & Showgrounds
- Hosted By:Canning Agricultural Horticultural & Recreational Society Inc
- Venue Address:Cnr Station Street & Albany Highway CANNINGTON WA 6107
- Type:Agricultural,Charity / Fundraising,Festivals,Flowers,Food & drink,Free,Garden,Health,Military,Music,Performing Arts,Science,Well Being,Youth Art / Performance
- Audience:Family-Friendly,Wheelchair Access,Adults
- Performing Arts:Cabaret,Circus,Comedy,Dance,Puppetry,Theatre
- Music:Busking,Country & Folk,Free,Music Festival,Other Music,Popular Music,Rhythm & Blues,Soul & Gospel
- Visual Arts:Craft,Historical,Other Visual Arts,Painting,Photography,Sculpture,Video,Youth
- Food & Drink:Coffee,Food Event,Food Market Events
With more than 15,000 early bird tickets snapped up in just a few weeks, the Make Smoking History Canning Show is set for a record-breaking community celebration like no other! With two nights of fireworks, two days packed with fun for all, and first release now exhausted, don’t miss out on the action; $ave by grabbing Second Release tickets ASAP!
Expect blooming brilliance at this year’s Show, celebrating 110 years since the birth of what’s now the Canning Agricultural, Horticultural & Recreational Society (aka CAHRS), the not-for-profit organisation committed to giving back to the community.
Whilst tipping the hat to our long history of giving back to the community, the 2019 Show is also the beginning of the Show’s next evolutionary phase, with big changes set to excite and inspire all ages for the next 100+ years.
::::::ANNOUNCEMENTS SO FAR::::::
TWO NIGHTS OF FESTIVE FIRE
- Always a highlight on the Friday, what better way to celebrate than to set imaginations alight than with two nights of fireworks!
Faves from last year’s Canning Show’s Friday night entertainment and our sold-out The Greatest Showman Free Movie Event, Zap Circus return for both nights to dazzle us with fire shows, as well as holding a free workshop.
In 2019 you can expect levels of fun to max at new heights, with an array of debut and exciting FREE entertainment planned, including:
- A number of elements celebrating 2019 as the International Year Of Indigenous Languages, including Food World, selecting 12+ food trucks to take your taste buds on a global gourmet tour
- An expanded Farmland offering plenty of new friends to make, including free pony rides and plays with alpacas, goats, chickens, rabbits, ducks, lambs, piglets, a dog and roving sheep live, plus camel rides
- Sideshow Wonderland, presented by the WA Showmen’s Association, who recently celebrated their 50th year of providing hair-raising rides, discounted showbags and more to the best Ag Shows in WA
- West Coast LEGO User Group (responsible for the wildly successful Bricktober - Perth) offering fantastical displays, interactive building and free competitions for all to enter)
- One10 Mini Style motorbike free style ramp shows
- Progressive Axe Men –wood chopping demonstrations, along with chainsaw shows
- Landslide (playing the very best of Fleetwood Mac and The Eagles live)
- Buskers Lane highlighting local talent, from puppet shows to singer-songwriters
- Festive music ranging from DJs to live hip hop, an Indigenous choir and roving carnival big bands
- Worm farm making workshops for the kids (with takeaway results)
FREE ACTIVITIES GALORE
Added to the above, of course there will be an even bigger mix of the fascinating and fun fare you’ve come to expect from the Show, including FREE entertainment such as: Dave The Blacksmith, face painting, pony rides, roving sheep, roving entertainment, community group performances, school choirs, Old Mac Donald’s Farm, Machinery Preservation Society, West Coast Remote Control Trucks, WA Police Historical Society, and many more to be announced closer to the Show.
SHOW OFF YOUR SKILLS
The Make Smoking History Canning Show Exhibition Schedule is out and ready to show off the community's talents, and WIN BIG!
- There’s over $13,000 in cash prizes to be won, over 650+ Classes
- One of the largest annual exhibitions in the state that showcases a wide array of arts, crafts, hobbies, creations and produce.
- Open to everyone, from talented amateurs to awarded artisans, the competition celebrates, promotes, rewards and encourages diverse passions and talents, plus inspires others in the community.
- All entries exhibited as part of the 2019 Make Smoking History Canning Show.
DATES: Friday 1 & Saturday 2 November
VENUE: Cannington Exhibition Centre & Showgrounds
Friday 1:::: 5pm to 10pm (Gates open) :::: 5pm to 9pm (Exhibition Halls Open)
Saturday 2::::9am to 10pm (Gates open) :::: 9am to 8pm (Exhibition Halls Open)
- Earlybird / 1st Release: ALLOCATION EXHAUSTED!
- 2nd Release Presale: $10+BF Adults / $5+BF Concession / Family $20+BF
- Gate sales: $15 Adults / $10 Concession / Family $30
- 5 & under free any time
Please note: Tickets valid for either day, but you can only use them once