Kids Play Area Facilities Wineries in Bunbury Geographe
Wineries in Bunbury Geographe
- [email protected]
- 08 9728 1616
Pop in for lunch at this Gold Plate award-winning winery and cafe, known for its quality wines, delectable stone-baked pizzas and locally-made cheeses, served with a laidback, country atmosphere.
- Wine Variety:Merlot,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Verdelho,Cabernet Sauvignon,Shiraz,Tempranillo,Cabernet Merlot
- Open Days/times:Fri to Sun, 10am to 4pm
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Facilities:Kids Play Area,Restaurant,Wheelchair Access,Functions,Cellar Door
- Cellar Door Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Geographe:Ferguson Valley
- Vineyards:3.5 hectares
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:600
Located 20 minutes east of Bunbury within the lush Ferguson Valley, this estate was one of the first vineyards to be planted in the region. Established by the Giumelli Family in 1983, the property's rich soils are home to the 3 hectare vineyard in which the family has planted award-winning vines.
Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Merlot, Verdello and Tempranillo varieties are all grown at Ferguson Falls Wines and used to make their single variety lines and in blends to produce their famous Primavera Rosso (Chilled Red), the Autunno Bianco (semi sweet white) and their Shiraz Tempranillo named The Mostyn. Supported by locally produced Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon grapes to produce their SBS wine. Home to some of the oldest Cabernet Sauvignon vines in the Ferguson Valley with the first cuttings planted in 1983.
Generous samples of the estate's wines are available at the cellar door, Friday through Sunday from 10am - 4pm. Alternative times for tastings can be arranged by appointment.
Ferguson Falls Estate’s delicious stone-baked American and Italian style gourmet pizzas received the Gold Plate Award in 2017. There’s also a range of cheeses, created from the farm’s dairy milk available to enjoy as well as desserts and Gesha coffee. Open Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10am - 4pm.
Visit one of Geographe region’s most awarded boutique wineries, featuring a quaint restaurant serving fresh, estate-grown marron and local produce to complement their distinct premium wines.
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Shiraz,Zinfandel,Petit Verdot,Cabernet,Chardonnay Semillon,Classic Dry White,Shiraz Cabernet,Rosé
- Open Days/times:Saturday, Sunday 10am-4pm
- Winemaker:Bruce Dukes
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Functions,Kids Play Area,Wheelchair Access,Restaurant
- Brands:Smallwater Estate
- Cases Produced:1,500-2,499
- Vineyards:5 hectares
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
Nestled on the hillside of Newlands just south of Donnybrook, Smallwater Estate was purchased by John Small in 1993 with the intention of developing a marron farm and a vineyard to grow contract grapes. For ten years the grapes were supplied to established wineries, with Smallwater wine (a tiny parcel of Zinfandel) made in 2006.
The near-perfect Mediterranean climate of the Geographe region is ideally suited to growing quality grapes. The estate's abundance of pure, fresh water and sunny days also permit for the estate's production of award-winning wines that are characteristic of the area.
Varieties include unwooded and barrel-fermented Chardonnays, Rose made from Zinfandel, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and a Vintage Port.
Just 15 minutes drive south of Donnybrook, enjoy tastings of the dynamic, estate-grown wines, set with views of the vineyard, marron dams and hillsides of Newlands at the Smallwater cellar door. Open Saturday 11am - 4pm Sunday
The Restaurant and Deck area are perfect for event and venue hire, and we can arrange catering for weddings, parties or just group bookings.