Vermentino Wine Variety Wineries in Bunbury Geographe
Wineries in Bunbury Geographe
Enjoy a slice of farming history and the flagship sparkling Shiraz at the Moojelup farm vineyard located 8km north of Harvey at the foothills of the Darling Scarp.
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Semillon,Shiraz,Sparkling,Vermentino
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Appointment Only
- Vineyards:3.5 hectares
- Winemaker:Peter Stanlake
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Appointment Only
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:500
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
Moojelup Farm takes its name from the Nyoongar word Mooja, the Aboriginal name for the famous Western Australian Christmas tree.
Established by John Thompson Logue in the 1880’s, the property was originally used for beef cattle, sheep and dairy farming. In the 1990’s, owners Stephanie and Simon Holthouse developed a boutique winery with the first vintage released in 2000.
Traditional winemaking methods include handpicked fruit, open fermentation and basket pressing. The winery is particularly suited to Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Semillion and Vermentino. Take the opportunity to indulge in the superb Sparkling Shiraz; not to mention our classic Cabernet, Shiraz and Semillon.
The Cellar door is open by appointment.
- [email protected]
- (08) 9731 7141
Gourmet Traveller’s Best Small Cellar Door, Geographe (2014 and 2016) making hand crafted boutique wines, craft beers, delicious grazing plates and pizzas at their cellar door west of Donnybrook
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Merlot,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Malbec,Sparkling,Vermentino,Fortified,Dessert,Method Traditionale,Tawny,Cabernet,Nero D'avola,Rosé
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Cellar Door and Cafe: Saturday and Sunday 11am to 5pm and some public holidays. Please check our website.
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food,Dogs Welcome,Functions,Wheelchair Access,Restaurant
- Vineyards:2 hectares
- Winemaker:Tony Davis
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:1500
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
Three generations of the Hammond family have toiled together to create the vineyards of Oakway Estate within the Geographe Wine Region. Owners Wayne and Ria planted their vines in 1997, and following success with winemaking, the former orchard farm now supports a boutique winery and cellar door, nano brewery, vineyard, a plantation of sustainable blue gum trees and beef cattle.
Oakway Estate takes a very hands-on and natural approach to vineyard management to carefully monitor vine vigour and growth, with passion undertaking labour-intensive tasks including fruit thinning and leaf plucking to grow superb quality grapes.
Varieties include Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Vermentino, Nero D'avola, Malbec, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Old School Liqueur, Methode Chamenoise Sparkling Blanc de Blanc and a delicously sweet Moscato.
Enjoy sampling our wines, or stay longer and purchase a glass or bottle of wine to savour whilst overlooking our changing vineyard vista throughout the seasons. If you prefer beer, try our own craft beers on tap. Open weekends and most public holidays from 11am - 5pm.
Oakway's cellar door cafe features gourmet bespoke pizzas and local produce grazing platters designed to complement the Estate wines. A selection of our own craft beers are available too.
A calendar of Long Table Lunches prepared by local guest chefs to showcase WA’s excellent local produce is scheduled throughout the year. Bookings essential.
4 and half Stars