Chardonnay Semillon Wine Variety Wineries in Bunbury Geographe
Wineries in Bunbury Geographe
Visit one of Geographe region’s most awarded boutique wineries, featuring a quaint restaurant serving fresh, estate-grown marron and local produce to complement their distinct premium wines.
- Open Days/times:Saturday, Sunday 10am-4pm
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay Semillon,Classic Dry White,Shiraz Cabernet,Rosé,Chardonnay,Shiraz,Zinfandel,Cabernet,Petit Verdot
- Brands:Smallwater Estate
- Cases Produced:1,500-2,499
- Vineyards:5 hectares
- Winemaker:Bruce Dukes
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant,Dogs Welcome,Functions,Kids Play Area,Wheelchair Access
- Lunch Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Saturday,Sunday
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
Nestled on the hillside of Newlands just south of Donnybrook, Smallwater Estate was purchased by John Small in 1993 with the intention of developing a marron farm and a vineyard to grow contract grapes. For ten years the grapes were supplied to established wineries, with Smallwater wine (a tiny parcel of Zinfandel) made in 2006.
The near-perfect Mediterranean climate of the Geographe region is ideally suited to growing quality grapes. The estate's abundance of pure, fresh water and sunny days also permit for the estate's production of award-winning wines that are characteristic of the area.
Varieties include unwooded and barrel-fermented Chardonnays, Rose made from Zinfandel, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and a Vintage Port.
Just 15 minutes drive south of Donnybrook, enjoy tastings of the dynamic, estate-grown wines, set with views of the vineyard, marron dams and hillsides of Newlands at the Smallwater cellar door. Open Saturday 11am - 4pm Sunday
The Restaurant and Deck area are perfect for event and venue hire, and we can arrange catering for weddings, parties or just group bookings.