Semillon Wine Variety Wineries in Boyup Brook Area
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Boyup Brook Area
Located amongst picturesque farmland and surrounded by tall timber is the oldest vineyard within the Blackwood Valley region and known for its award-winning wines.
- Wine Variety:Semillon,Chardonnay,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Fortified,Cabernet Sauvignon
- Wine Region:Blackwood River Valley
- Open Days/times:By appointment 10am-5pm
- Facilities:Appointment Only,Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Brands:Blackwood Crest
- Cases Produced:1,500-2,499
- Vineyards:East Boyup Brook, 8 hectares
Established in 1976, Blackwood Crest Wines is the oldest vineyard and winery in the Blackwood Valley Wine Region, with the first vines of the Blackwood region planted within its vineyard. Owned and operated by region pioneers Max and Roslyn Fairbass, the winery can be found in traditional farmland country halfway between Boyup Brook and Kojonup, with over nine hectares of vineyards.
Wine varieties at Blackwood Crest include Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz and Semillon. Winery visits by appointment only.