Apera Wine Variety Wineries in Baskerville
Wineries in Baskerville
- [email protected]
- (08) 9296 0216
The best certified organic winery of the Perth Swan Valley wineries with a fascinating example of sustainable viticulture, producing a traditional table, sparkling and dessert wines in the Swan Valle
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Muscat,Shiraz,Verdelho,Brut,Malbec,Method Traditionale,Tawny,Apera,Sparkling,Sparkling Shiraz,Rosé
- Open Days/times:Open 11am-4.30pm Thurs. to Mon. Tuesday and Wednesday by appointment
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:500
- Vineyards:1.8 hectares
Harris Organic Wines is an extremely friendly place. Make your way past the cat and free-range chickens to the cellar door of this small boutique winery and you can enjoy a seated tasting of organic wines with winemaker and owner Duncan Harris (a $15.00 tasting fee applies, redeemable against any wine purchases).
Sustainability is central to Harris Organic’s philosophy. The award-winning certified organic wines are made with natural yeasts and the bare minimum of additives and preservatives. The grapes are irrigated only by what they receive from the sky and Duncan never uses any pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilisers.
Minimal artificial energy sources are required. An underground cellar was built to obtain naturally cooler storage temperatures. The wines mature in oak barriques and hogsheads, ultimately sealed in recyclable glass bottles. Returned Harris Organic bottles receive a $1 refund per bottle.
You can learn how organic wine is made with a guided walking tour through the vineyard, underground cellar and winery, finishing with a taste of some of the very best of Duncan's organic white wine, organic red wine and fortified sweet wines. Duncan is also licensed to distil spirits and sells his organic vodka and brandy's at the cellar door and online.
About 10km north of Midland in the heart of the Swan Valley. Specialising in bulk dry reds, whites and fortifieds and also packaging its wine in 750ml bottles.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Sparkling,Tawny,Shiraz,Topaque,Dessert,Muscat,Verdelho,Classic Dry White,Rosé,Apera
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Mon to Sun 10am to 5pm
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday
- Winemaker:Dorothy Kraljevich
- Facilities:Cellar Door
- Size & Year:Established 1901 - 1950
Mark Kraljevich and wife Dorothy run the 12-hectare Twin Hills property, which has been in the family since 1955. Prior to that time, Twin Hills was a winery located in the Perth foothills ù a location chosen by Mark's father Steve, who arrived from Croatia in August 1926 (age 18). The Baskerville vineyard proved much more yielding, Mark growing about 50 tonnes of fruit each year and producing a dry and sweet Verdelho, Cabernet Shiraz and Shiraz. The grapes are picked when very ripe, and Mark delivers the full-bodied and fruity wines to individual customers around Perth each week.