Method Traditionale Wine Variety Wineries in Baskerville
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Baskerville
- [email protected]
- (08) 9296 0216
The only certified organic winery in Perth and fascinating example of sustainable viticulture, producing traditional table, sparkling and dessert wines in the Swan Valley.
- Wine Variety:Verdelho,Brut,Malbec,Method Traditionale,Muscat a Petits Grains Rosa,Port,Sherry,Sparkling,Dessert,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Muscat,Shiraz,Sparkling Shiraz,Rose,Sparkling Burgundy,White Burgundy
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Open Days/times:Open 11am-4.30pm Thurs. to Mon. Tuesday and Wednesday by appointment
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Micro (1-999 cases)
- Cases Produced:500
- Vineyards:1.8 hectares
Harris Organic Wines is an extremely friendly place. Make your way past the cats and free-range chickens to the cellar door of this small boutique winery and you can enjoy a seated tasting of organic wines with winemaker and owner Duncan Harris (a $ 10.00 tasting fee applies, redeemable against any wine purchase).
Sustainability is central to Harris Organic’s philosophy. The wines are made with natural yeasts and the bare minimum of additives and preservatives. The grapes are irrigated only by what they receive from the sky and Duncan never uses any pesticides, herbicides or chemical fertilisers.
Minimal artificial energy sources are required. An underground cellar was built to obtain naturally cooler storage temperatures. The wines mature in oak barriques and hogsheads, ultimately sealed in recyclable glass bottles and natural cork, if available.
You can learn how organic wine is made with a guided walking tour through the vineyard, underground cellar and winery, finishing with a taste of some of the very best of Duncan's certified organic dry white, red and fortified wines. Duncan is also licensed to distil spirits and sells his organic vodka and brandy at the cellar door and online. While you’re here, stock up on organic coffee and organic olive oil.