Classic Dry White Wine Variety Wineries in Baskerville
Discover what's going on in arts, events & culture
Check out travel guides for regional WA
Explore winery guides for Perth and regional WA
Wineries in Baskerville
Located in the heart of the Swan Valley is this relaxed, family-friendly winery and restaurant serving hearty meals and generous wines with friendly hospitality and playground the kids will love.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Classic Dry White,Muscat,Port,Rose,Shiraz
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Light Food
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
The Laughin' Barrel (renamed under new ownership in 2010), is a casual winery and restaurant in the heart of the Swan Valley wine region. Owners Brian and Sharon have been in hospitality for 20 years. The business name reflects their aim to bring fun and laughter to the Valley.
Varieties include Sparkling Chardonnay, Classic White, Chenin, Chardonnay, Rose, Classic Red, Cabernet Merlot, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Tawny Port and Muscat. All wines can be tasted at the estate's cellar door alongside gourmet cheese platters from 10am - 5pm Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, and 10am - 10pm on Friday.
The menu offers a changing array of hearty seasonal fare including homemade pies, fresh fish, local calamari and gourmet pizzas. The cafe area also features a large playground and lawn, along with a paved alfresco dining area overlooking 12 acres of picturesque vines. The cafe is open Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday 10am - 5pm, and Friday 10am - 10pm.
About 10km north of Midland in the heart of the Swan Valley. Specialising in bulk dry reds, whites and fortifieds and also packaging its wine in 750ml bottles.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Sparkling,Port,Shiraz,Dessert,Classic Dry White,Rose,Sherry,Tokay,Muscat,Verdelho
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Mon to Sun 10am to 5pm
- Size & Year:Established 1901 - 1950
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Winemaker:Dorothy Kraljevich
- Facilities:Cellar Door
Mark Kraljevich and wife Dorothy run the 12-hectare Twin Hills property, which has been in the family since 1955. Prior to that time, Twin Hills was a winery located in the Perth foothills ù a location chosen by Mark's father Steve, who arrived from Croatia in August 1926 (age 18). The Baskerville vineyard proved much more yielding, Mark growing about 50 tonnes of fruit each year and producing a dry and sweet Verdelho, Cabernet Shiraz and Shiraz. The grapes are picked when very ripe, and Mark delivers the full-bodied and fruity wines to individual customers around Perth each week.