Thursday Breakfast Open Wineries in South West
Wineries in Australias South West
A family-friendly estate with expansive grounds, special kids’ facilities and massive cellar door serving superb wines from Margaret River and Frankly River, and home of WA’s South-West Beer Festival
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Sparkling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Merlot,Classic Dry White,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz
- Open Days/times:7 days a week 10am-5pm
- Facilities:Functions,Light Food,Restaurant,Kids Play Area
- Size & Year:Medium (50,000-499,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Lunch Open:Holidays,Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
- Cases Produced:160 000 cases
- Breakfast Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
3 Oceans make wines from two premium vineyards in Margaret River and Frankland River (Great Southern region of WA). Under senior winemaker, Ben Roodhouse, their style is defined by intensity, finesse, structure, and distinctive fruit qualities. Their huge, family-friendly cellar door is the perfect place to discover the world of WA’s extraordinary southern wine regions.
3 Oceans Winemaking philosophy is simple; grow great fruit, nurture it through fermentation and maturation to bottle and let the vineyard terroir express itself in the wines. The range includes everything from easy drinking to ultra-premium Margaret River Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay.
The cellar door is one of the largest in the region and set up especially for kids, families and large groups. Complimentary tastings of over 10 wines are available every day from 10am to 5pm. Group tastings can be booked in advance and are required for large groups of 50+ people.
The café is open daily from 9am for breakfast and lunch and serves casual fare through to restaurant style seafood dishes, including the famous South-West marron. Locally-sourced Yahava Coffee is available with cakes and a kids menu.
Kids will love their own designated hang-out zone which includes video games, toys, chalkboards and outdoor sports equipment. The grounds are large enough for a game of cricket!
Visiting in March? 3 Oceans is the home of the South West Craft Beer Festival, a lively day offering the opportunity to discover 120+ local brews from 20+ breweries, wineries and cideries based between Mandurah and Denmark.
Located by Meelup Regional Park, Wise produces superb wines and is one of Margaret River’s most renowned restaurants, the only one to overlook both the vines and the ocean.
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Cabernet Merlot,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Malbec,Pinot Gris,Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Malbec,Rosé,Sparkling,Fiano,Other White,Sparkling Rose,Topaque,Zinfandel,Botrytis Semillon,Prosecco
- Open Days/times:11am - 5pm Everyday
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Facilities:Functions,Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
- Breakfast Open:Monday,Holidays,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday
- Lunch Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Margaret River:Yallingup
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:10000
- Vineyards:2.5 hectares
Wise Wine was established by Ron and Sandra Wise in 1992 in a truly iconic setting, surrounded by vineyard and the natural bushland of Meelup Regional Park looking out to the pristine blue waters of Geographe Bay. The property’s two restaurants and expansive wine tasting list make for a spectacular experience with a vista to be remembered forever!
The wine range aims to suit all taste preferences and budgets, offering 20 quality sparkling, white, red, dessert and fortified wines. The winemaking philosophy includes sourcing parcels of the highest quality fruit from top vineyards in the WA regions that are most-suited to grow each grape variety.
Celebrated winemaking consultant, Larry Cherubino, has overseen activities at the winery for many years. His stewardship has seen the quality of Wise Wines become some of the most awarded in the region, winning Gold medals at many Australian Wine Shows.
Wise Vineyard Restaurant is one of the best known restaurants in the region, where you can enjoy a stunning meal with ocean views. The menu features contemporary cuisine which changes regularly as local produce comes in and out of season.
For a more casual dining experience, take a short trip down to the valley, to the banks of the Meelup Brook and visit Lot 80 Tavern & Restaurant. Housed in a historic stone and timber building built by local farmers and craftsmen, it features Italian, French, Spanish and Australian-inspired tasting and shared menus that utilise local ingredients, where possible.
5 Red Stars