Experience the 'little Italy' of the Geographe region through Italian varieties of Arneis, Dolcetto Freddo and rare Nebbiolo wines at this estate, operated passionately by the Cumbers family.
- Wine Variety:Arneis,Dolcetto,Nebbiolo,Muscat,Cabernet Sauvignon,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Fiano,Other White,Method Traditionale
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Open Days/times:Thurs to Mon - 10 am to 5 pm. Other days by appointment only.
- Cases Produced:Greater than 1000
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Vineyards:14 acres
- Winemaker:Mark Cumbers
- Facilities:Cellar Door,BBQ Facilities,Picnic Facilities,Gallery,Dogs Welcome,Wheelchair Access
- Brands:Vineyard 28
- Wheelchair Access:Wheel Chair Access
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Types & Styles:Alternative wine styles,Family Run,Hand Picked
Back in 1989, a Kiwi girl named Pip met a West Aussie boy named Mark whilst working in Melbourne. The two shared a love of all things to do with wine, and in 1997 relocated to WA, purchasing a 10 acre property near Harvey (that was later named Vineyard 28). Some twenty years later, the property now boasts an extensive vineyard planted with mostly Italian varieties.
`28` is the colloquial name for the Port Lincoln Ringneck, a local parrot, due to their contact call, a whistled "twenty-eight". When planting the first vines, these cheeky birds were a little too helpful, thus it was decided to take their name for the property.
Enjoy Italian varieties - Arneis, Dolcetto, Moscato and Nebbiolo wines alongside classic Sauvignon Blanc Semillon and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Cellar Door - Open 10am to 5pm - Thursday to Sunday
It was a family effort to create the cellar door, built from Lake Clifton limestone in 2005. Brimming with colour, vibrancy and of course, wine, the cellar door offers friendly tastings of lesser seen Piedmontese grape varieties and is open Thursday to Monday from 10am - 5pm.
Indulge all your senses with an extensive range of wines, that cater to all tastes, from crisp dry whites, to rich robust reds, and some sweeter styles as well.
They offer a range of fine wine experiences accompanied by locally sourced produce, all served with good old fashioned hospitality, hosted in their purpose built limestone cellar door. Enjoy the peace of the forest surrounds and panoramic views over farmland to the Eastern Scarp.
Basic wine tasting starts at $2 per person.
The cellar door also features a spacious picnic area and barbecue facilities for a BYO lunch, and a unique collection of colourful Patchwork Quilts and works by local artists.