Prosecco Wine Variety Wineries in South West
Wineries in Australias South West
Calneggia Family Vineyards produces an extensive range of fruit-driven wines with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
- Open Days/times:Mon to Fri 8:30am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Pinot Gris,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Sparkling,Tempranillo,Prosecco,Semillon,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Shiraz
- Winemaker:Severine Logan, Brian Fletcher
- Facilities:No Cellar Door
- Brands:Rosabrook, Bunkers, Calneggia, Bramble Lane, Brian Fletcher Signature Wine
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000
Calneggia Family Vineyards has owned vineyards and been involved in the wine industry in Margaret River for over twenty five years. The Calneggia family owns several premium vineyards across the region and produces the Rosabrook, Bunkers, Calneggia, Bramble Lane and Brian Fletcher Signature wines in conjunction with Chief Winemaker Severine Logan and long term winemaking consultant, Brian Fletcher.
MadFish Wines is named after a remote beach in West Australia, where legend tells of colliding tides causing schools of fish to leap out of water in confusion and chaos.
- Wine Variety:Brut,Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Classic Dry White,Malbec,Merlot Blend,Method Traditionale,Petit Verdot,Pinot Gris,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Sparkling,Rosé,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Prosecco,Riesling,Shiraz,Dessert
- Open Days/times:Open daily 10am to 5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Brands:MadFish Wines
- Facilities:Picnic Facilities,Cellar Door,Kids Play Area
- Wheelchair Access:Yes. Disabled parking, no stairs, wheelchair access, disabled bathrooms, wheelchair-friendly bathrooms
- Winemaker:Janice McDonald
- Cellar Door Open:Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday
- Size & Year:Medium (50,000-499,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
The prehistoric landscape and raw, wild coastline of South West WA has been the inspiration behind MadFish since it was first created in 1992. With grapes sourced from throughout the Margaret River and Great Southern wine regions, we try to capture these precious landscapes in a bottle, with their prehistoric soils, battered ocean cliffs, foaming surf and calm turquoise beaches.
The elements that define the MadFish range – wild, coastal and pure – are also what immerse visitors at our home, the Margaret River region.
Less than 5 minutes’ drive from world famous beaches and surf spots in the heart of Margaret River wine country, our vineyard and cellar door allow you to experience the nature, surroundings and laid-back lifestyle that inspired MadFish.
The MadFish range includes an ever-evolving line-up of small batch alternative varieties, made in experimental styles and available only at cellar door.
We always have fizz on pour, like the MadFish Vera’s Sparkling Cuvée and Prosecco, both made by us with specialist equipment in-house.
Set on 138 hectares of native bushland less than 5 minutes from the town of Cowaramup, the property is a spectacular place to witness the changing of the seasons. The winding tree-lined driveway passes a traditional old settler cottage and the famous Willyabrup Creek on its way to the cellar door.
The cellar door is surrounded by spacious lawn areas, where you can bring a picnic, borrow a bocce set and enjoy a glass or bottle of wine under the sun. In winter, cosy up inside on the couches with a wine by the fire. The building itself is a must-see example of award-winning architecture, built according to Feng Shui principles.
Our contemporary, cool climate wine styles are noted for their pure, fresh and clean characteristics, where the flavour of the fruit is the primary character.
- [email protected]
Synonymous with quality, Pemberley produces premium cool climate wines, wine grapes and gourmet food products, as well as hosting seasonal Art and Comedy Events in the Pemberley vineyard at Pemberton.
- Open Days/times:By Appointment Only - Bookings Essential
- Wine Variety:Chardonnay,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Rosé,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Sparkling,Prosecco,Method Traditionale,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Prosecco Sparkling
- Wine Region:Southern Forests
- Cases Produced:4500 cases
- Winemaker:Ross Pamment, Andrew Cherry, Colby Quirk, Michael Ng
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Appointment Only
- Size & Year:Boutique (1,000-4,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Vineyards:74 ha
Pemberley vineyard now includes 74 hectares of vines and we produce Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Prosecco, Sauvignon Blanc, Semillon, Merlot and Pinot Gris.
The wines, particularly Lustre - methode tradionelle sparkling, have received great success and many accolades. The Lustre was awarded Best Sparkling Wine at the Wine Show of Western Australia in both 2018 and 2019
Tours include a ‘tour and tasting’ experience and can be arranged by booking in advance for groups of 4 – 12 people.
Located by Meelup Regional Park, Wise produces superb wines and is one of Margaret River’s most renowned restaurants, the only one to overlook both the vines and the ocean.
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Pinot Gris,Sauvignon Blanc,Cabernet Malbec,Rosé,Sparkling,Malbec,Cabernet Merlot,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Sparkling Rose,Topaque,Zinfandel,Botrytis Semillon,Prosecco,Fiano,Other White
- Open Days/times:11am - 5pm Everyday
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Facilities:Functions,Cellar Door,Restaurant
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Margaret River:Yallingup
- Lunch Open:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
- Breakfast Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays
- Dinner Open:Friday,Saturday
- Size & Year:Established 1951 - 2000,Small (5,000-49,999 cases)
- Cases Produced:10000
- Vineyards:2.5 hectares
Wise Wine was established by Ron and Sandra Wise in 1992 in a truly iconic setting, surrounded by vineyard and the natural bushland of Meelup Regional Park looking out to the pristine blue waters of Geographe Bay. The property’s two restaurants and expansive wine tasting list make for a spectacular experience with a vista to be remembered forever!
The wine range aims to suit all taste preferences and budgets, offering 20 quality sparkling, white, red, dessert and fortified wines. The winemaking philosophy includes sourcing parcels of the highest quality fruit from top vineyards in the WA regions that are most-suited to grow each grape variety.
Celebrated winemaking consultant, Larry Cherubino, has overseen activities at the winery for many years. His stewardship has seen the quality of Wise Wines become some of the most awarded in the region, winning Gold medals at many Australian Wine Shows.
Wise Vineyard Restaurant is one of the best known restaurants in the region, where you can enjoy a stunning meal with ocean views. The menu features contemporary cuisine which changes regularly as local produce comes in and out of season.
For a more casual dining experience, take a short trip down to the valley, to the banks of the Meelup Brook and visit Lot 80 Tavern & Restaurant. Housed in a historic stone and timber building built by local farmers and craftsmen, it features Italian, French, Spanish and Australian-inspired tasting and shared menus that utilise local ingredients, where possible.
5 Red Stars