Pinot Chardonnay Wine Variety Wineries in South West
Wineries in Australias South West
- [email protected]
Halliday’s wine maker of the year (XXXX) and Australian Winery of the Year & Best Value Winery (2011, 2017), making site-driven wines from six speciality vineyards, with modern cellar door.
- Wine Variety:Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet,Cabernet Malbec,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Gewurztraminer,Grenache,Grenache Shiraz,Malbec,Merlot,Merlot Blend,Merlot Cabernet,Pinot Chardonnay,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Syrah,Sparkling,Rosé,Dessert
- Open Days/times:Cellar door (winter): Tue to Sat 11am to 6pm, Sun & Mon 11am to 5pm; (summer) Daily 10am to 6pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Facilities:Appointment Only,Functions,Gallery,Picnic Facilities
- Cases Produced:8000
- Winemaker:Larry Cherubino, Andrew Siddell, Matt Buchan
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 2001 - 2010
- Cellar Door Open:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Margaret River:Wilyabrup
In response to COVID-19, Larry Cherubino Wines are providing free delivery for all online orders in March and April 2020. For every online order they are giving a $49 voucher to put towards your next one.
One of WA’s most awarded winemakers, Larry Cherubino Wines makes an expressive range from a collection of estate-owned vineyards in Margaret River, Pemberton and the Great Southern (Frankland River, Mount Barker and Porongurup areas). The label began in Frankland River in 2004 when Larry and wife, Edwina purchased an historic property called Riversdale. The inaugural 2005 vintage wines were made in the family’s spare room! These days they are made in a well-equipped winery in Margaret River.
Larry Cherubino Wines was named James Halliday’s Australian Winery of the Year in 2011, and also Australia’s Best-Value Winery by Halliday in 2017. Winemaker Larry Cherubino has a string of Winemaker of the Year nominations with leading Australian and UK wine media.
Following the belief that great wines are made in the vineyard, Larry Cherubino Wines are made from six specialty vineyards in Western Australia’s leading south-west wine regions. The wines are estate-grown and the vineyards follow a mix of principles from the schools of organics and traditional farming with the aim to encourage the vines to exist in a healthy ecosystem, for plant health. The range has a characterful selection of site-driven examples of Riesling and Chardonnay, alongside alternative varieties including Fiano and Pinot Blanc. Classic Cabernet and Shiraz are made too.
Enjoy a seasonal range of wines for tasting at all times alongside a selection of cellar door exclusives. An enomatic machine holds a curated range of rare back vintage wines which can be enjoyed as educational (and highly enjoyable) flights. Private tastings in the board room or barrel room can be booked in advance for groups. Antipasti and dinners are available by special arrangement.
If you want a good laugh, ask Larry about the dog in the bedroom incident. It all happened to a mate of his apparently!!
5 Red Stars
- [email protected]
- 1800 885 807
Visit the home of James Halliday’s ‘Best Australian Chardonnay’ and three-time Gourmet Traveller Wine ‘Great Southern Cellar Door of the Year’ at this chic, contemporary estate near Denmark.
- Wine Variety:Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Gewurztraminer,Method Traditionale,Pinot Chardonnay,Pinot Gris,Tempranillo,Riesling,Rosé,Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Sauvignon Blanc,Sparkling,Mourvedre,Dessert,Cabernet,Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Grenache
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: 11am to 5pm daily
- Cellar Door Open:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Holidays,Monday
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Picnic Facilities,Wheelchair Access
- Great Southern:Denmark
- Cases Produced:9000 cases
- Size & Year:Small (5,000-49,999 cases),Established 1951 - 2000
- Brands:Singlefile Wines, Run Free
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Vineyards:3.75 hectares
- Winemaker:Patrick Corbett, Coby Ladwig, Mike Garland
A treasure of the Great Southern, Singlefile is the fruit of labour of the Snowden family, who purchased an established vineyard in Scotsdale Valley in 2008 after an extensive search around Australia; determining that Denmark ticked all the boxes for the quality wines and lifestyle they were seeking.
The team decided to focus the existing vineyard entirely on Chardonnay, pulling out Shiraz and Merlot vines and planting Gingin clone Chardonnay. Fruit for the balance of their wines is sourced from specialist vineyard sites throughout the Great Southern Region and its distinct areas including Mount Barker, Albany, Frankland River.
The cool climate wines are handpicked and made as naturally as possible to allow the fruit to be the star of the finished wine. Their Chardonnay was named Chardonnay of the Year by James Halliday (2019 Wine Companion).
Four tiers of wines are made, all of which are drawn from specially selected sites within the Great Southern, except for the estate-grown Chardonnay. Riesling, Cabernet blends, Pinot Noir and Fume Blanc are just some of the wine styles being made.
Set beside a stunning lake with beautiful manicured lawns, the wood and brick cellar door is tasteful and chic and a three-time recipient of Gourmet Traveller Wine’s ‘Best Cellar Door of the Great Southern’ award. Guests are welcome every day of the week to taste the wines and go on a journey of discovering the different styles of wines from the diverse Great Southern region. Bring your own picnics are welcome and there’s also an option to enjoy ‘Coco d’Vino’ which is a wine and chocolate tasting flight. No bookings required.
5 Red Stars