Thursday Open Days Galleries & Public Art in Golden Outback
Galleries in Australias Golden Outback
Located on the beautiful Esperance foreshore, the Cannery Arts Centre was built originally to be used as a Fish Cannery in 1949.
- Open Days:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
After serving as a car yard, a dance hall and a youth centre it was renovated in 1984 to its present state.
It is now a vibrant community arts centre delivering facilities, exhibitions, and workshops to the Esperance region and its visitors. The Cannery Arts Centre is a not-for-profit organisation run by a volunteer committee. This unique facility relies on fundraising, sponsorship and income from art sales and venue hire.
- 08 9031 1395
Laverton Outback Gallery showcases local art by the Wongi people from the lands of the North Eastern Goldfields extending into the Western Desert region.
- Open Days/times:8am - 4pm
- Galleries:Painting,Aboriginal,Art Gallery
- Open Days:Thursday,Friday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
Laverton Outback Gallery was established in 2002 to display, promote and sell authentic Aboriginal art on behalf of the people of the Laverton and Western Desert areas.The artists have connections to the land and share their stories through their making.
The gallery is run on a co-operative basis by a not-for-profit organisation.
This amazing collection of over 10,000 handmade pieces are displayed in stills of great wars. See soldiers at war in jungles, deserts and the six metre long display of the 1953 Coronation of the Queen
- Open Days/times:Daily 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Open Days:Saturday,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
Visit the working studio of awarded glass artist Cindy Poole. Browse the extensive range of glass artworks, objects, contemporary glass jewellery and corporate awards handcrafted on the premises, using both warm & cold glass techniques
- Galleries:Glass,Jewellery,Painting,Sculpture,Art Gallery
- Open Days/times:Monday – Saturday 10am – 4pm, Sunday 1pm – 4pm (closed Good Friday and ANZAC Day)
- Represented Artists:Cindy Poole
- Open Days:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Public Holidays,Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday
- [email protected]
- (08) 8956 7966
Warburton Arts and Cultural Centre provides an insight into the past and present culture of the local Aboriginal Ngaanyatjarra people.
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday
On display is a collection of local Aboriginal paintings, artefacts and glass works.
The Baxter and Maree Art Gallery showcases the artwork Tammy Andrews, an established Esperance artist.
- Galleries:Painting,Art Gallery
- Open Days/times:Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm, Saturday 9am-12noon
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,By Appointment Only
After over 15 years of consistent painting Tammy's work has developed a unique style, which has been described as having ‘poetic serene quality’.
Oils are Tammy's chosen medium because she loves sensual quality of the paint and its ability to be sculptured into form.
Original paintings and prints are available to buy at Baxter and Maree.