(All) Galleries Galleries & Public Art in Albany Coast
Galleries in Albany Coast Region
Albany's contemporary new art gallery - fresh, original, and right in the heart of the city.
- Open Days/times:Tues to Sat from 10am - 5pm and some Sundays - also by appointment.
- Galleries:Drawing,Painting,Photography,Mixed Media,Print Making,Art Gallery
- Open Days:Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
Blush Retail Gallery is a fine art gallery, featuring a stunning array of ever changing artwork collections. Located in one of Albany's premier heritage buildings, York House, this contemporary showrroom provides a perfect backdrop for some unique artworks.
Hosting new collections every six weeks from local and visiting artists, it is easily found on the main street of Albany. The gallery strives to offer original and visionary works, and you may discover the perfect piece for your home or office.
Designer Dirt stock a wide variety of gifts, gardenware and locally created artwork. We specialise in garden art. Commission pieces are available on request. Designer Dirt is worth finding ... !!
- Galleries:Ceramics,Furniture,Sculpture,Jewellery,Pottery,Textiles,Art Gallery,Artisan Workshop,Metal Work,Upcyclng,Artist Studio
- Represented Artists:Ian Michael, Jane Michael, Ron Edwards, Janelle Peterson, Karen Harries, Chrissie Gregory, Geoff Bee, Rachael Van Den Hoek, Robyn Heritage
- Open Days/times:Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm, Saturday - Sunday 9am - 4pm
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Facilities:Free,Wheelchair Access
Hidden away in Ardess Estate, off Chester Pass Road in Albany, Western Australia, Designer Dirt is overflowing with quality gifts and home and garden wares and an amazing array of outdoor art and garden screens. We specialise in garden art, particularly scrap metal sculptures and love to create custom pieces just for you. We also run workshops.
Experience our culture through unique and authentic Aboriginal art.
- Open Days/times:Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm and Saturday from 10am to 2pm.
- Open Days:Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday
Our amazing art work is created by very talented Australian Aboriginal artists. We have traditional tools such as boomerangs, Kodja’s, Taap, message sticks, hand painted cards, silk scarves, hats, bags and more. We also have a selection of educational books, dual language stories for young people, bush foods and medicine books.We look forward to your visit.
Specialising in feature glass panels, stained and etched glass.
- Galleries:Glass,Art Gallery
- Open Days:Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday,Public Holidays
All our glass artwork is designed and created in our studio workshop, located above the gallery. We encourage our customers to visit the studio to see examples of the different glass-working techniques. If they desire, they are welcome to consult on, or design their own glass works to give that really personal touch to their home.
The process can as simple as acquiring ideas from our portfolios or books and modifying them to create your own design. Once the the concept and colour scheme is organized the piece is halfway to being made. For hot glass it is even possible to arrange the coloured glass yourself to get just the look that you desire - then we will work the glass for you. We are also happy for clients who want pieces made by other techniques to discuss their design ideas with us.
The perfect place to find a unique gift, our gallery displays a showcase of kiln formed glass art pieces. The designs and concepts used in our collections are our own, and each peice is hand-crafted, so every item is unique. We enjoy pushing the boundaries to see how far it is possible to stretch glass into different shapes. We continue to experiment to see how glass performs when melted, and to extend our abilities, resulting in a wide range of artefacts. These include bowls, platters, lamps, jewellery and other sculptural pieces.
It is also possible for you to design and commission art works incorporating your own ideas and desires - talk to us when you visit. The gallery is set up for lampworking, so when you visit it may be possible to watch while we work with the flame to make beads or small sculptures. Repairs and restoration. Open by appointment.