Discover some of Margaret River’s most interesting artisan, single vineyard wines, made with ancient methods and minimal intervention, including a rare basket-pressed series.
- Open Days/times:10am - 5pm Everyday
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Method Traditionale,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Merlot Blend,Semillon,Syrah,Viognier,Cabernet Franc,Malbec,Petit Verdot,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Sparkling
- Cases Produced:2500
- Vineyards:6.3 hectares
- Wheelchair Access:Yes, ramp from car park into Cellar Door
- Winemaker:Chris Davies
- Facilities:Kids Play Area,Functions,Light Food,Organic (Certified),Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Picnic Facilities,Wheelchair Access
Chris, Jo, Lucas and Violette Davies are a young West Australian family and the grape growers and artisan wine producers at Windows Estate.
All Windows Estate vines are cared for meticulously and dry block grown to ensure maximum concentration of flavours. Chris, a passionate viticulturist, completes every vineyard operation single-handedly. Apart from the very day the grapes are harvested, no one else is ever allowed to touch his vines!
In the winery, the preference is toward ancient, hand-processing methods with minimal use of machinery. As one of few remaining wineries still using a manual basket press, Window’s Estate Basket Pressed Cabernet Merlot, Basket Pressed Cabernet Sauvignon and Basket Pressed Shiraz are special propositions in Margaret River.
Sustainability is a key focus and over 60% of the Estate is reserved as natural bushland. Minimal intervention is employed in grape growing and winemaking processes and as a certified organic vineyard only organic fertilisers are used.
Cellar Door tastings are available daily. We also make our own pickles on site at our picklery, using locally grown produce. These can also be tasted and purchased at our cellar door. Cheese platters can be purchased to enjoy at the Estate. Being a small, family business, bookings are requested for tasting groups of 6 or more people.
5 Red Stars