Planted in 1969 with its first vintage in 1973, Moss Wood is an important, founding estate of the Margaret River region, recognised widely for its celebrated and critically acclaimed wines.
- Open Days/times:By appointment
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Botrytis Semillon,Cabernet,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Dessert,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Merlot,Semillon
- Cases Produced:12 000 cases
- Winemaker:Clare and Keith Mugford
- Facilities:Appointment Only
Moss Wood was established as a specialist, high-quality vineyard and winery. This was its raison d’être and continues to provide the motivation for its existence.
Clare & Keith Mugford, have been tending the vineyard and making wine at Moss Wood since 1984 and 1979, respectively. They believe that all decisions made in the vineyard and winery underpin the quality of the wine.
The Moss Wood and Mugford names are synonymous with uncompromising quality.
Moss Wood welcome members for tastings and private visits by appointment only. There is a small charge for the visit which is redeemable against any wine purchased. Appointments can be made via the Moss Wood web site.