Larry Cherubino Wines
Halliday’s wine maker of the year (XXXX) and Australian Winery of the Year & Best Value Winery (2011, 2017), making site-driven wines from six speciality vineyards, with modern cellar door.
- Open Days/times:Cellar door (winter): Tue to Sat 11am to 6pm, Sun & Mon 11am to 5pm; (summer) Daily 10am to 6pm
- Wine Region:Greater Perth
- Wine Variety:Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet,Cabernet Malbec,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Gewurztraminer,Grenache,Grenache Shiraz,Malbec,Merlot,Merlot Blend,Merlot Cabernet,Pinot Chardonnay,Pinot Gris,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Semillon,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Shiraz Cabernet,Syrah,Sparkling,Rose,Dessert
- Cases Produced:8000
- Winemaker:Larry Cherubino, Andrew Siddell, Matt Buchan
- Facilities:Appointment Only,Functions,Gallery,Picnic Facilities
One of WA’s most awarded winemakers, Larry Cherubino Wines makes an expressive range from a collection of estate-owned vineyards in Margaret River, Pemberton and the Great Southern (Frankland River, Mount Barker and Porongurup areas). The label began in Frankland River in 2004 when Larry and wife, Edwina purchased an historic property called Riversdale. The inaugural 2005 vintage wines were made in the family’s spare room! These days they are made in a well-equipped winery in Margaret River.
Larry Cherubino Wines was named James Halliday’s Australian Winery of the Year in 2011, and also Australia’s Best-Value Winery by Halliday in 2017. Winemaker Larry Cherubino has a string of Winemaker of the Year nominations with leading Australian and UK wine media.
Following the belief that great wines are made in the vineyard, Larry Cherubino Wines are made from six specialty vineyards in Western Australia’s leading south-west wine regions. The wines are estate-grown and the vineyards follow a mix of principles from the schools of organics and traditional farming with the aim to encourage the vines to exist in a healthy ecosystem, for plant health. The range has a characterful selection of site-driven examples of Riesling and Chardonnay, alongside alternative varieties including Fiano and Pinot Blanc. Classic Cabernet and Shiraz are made too.
Enjoy a seasonal range of wines for tasting at all times alongside a selection of cellar door exclusives. An enomatic machine holds a curated range of rare back vintage wines which can be enjoyed as educational (and highly enjoyable) flights. Private tastings in the board room or barrel room can be booked in advance for groups. Antipasti and dinners are available by special arrangement.
If you want a good laugh, ask Larry about the dog in the bedroom incident. It all happened to a mate of his apparently!!
5 Red Stars