Gourmet Traveller’s #1 WA Regional Restaurant (2018), this self-sufficient winery operates ‘off the grid’ creating diverse, acclaimed wines, best enjoyed at its honest and inviting cellar door.
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Thu to Mon 10am to 5pm. Restaurant: Thu - Mon 12pm to 3pm.
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Grenache,Merlot,Petit Verdot,Shiraz,Verdelho,Zinfandel,Mourvedre,Cabernet Merlot,Fortified
- Cases Produced:3685
- Vineyards:7 hectares
- Wheelchair Access:Yes, all same level
- Winemaker:Mark Warren
- Facilities:Dogs Welcome,Functions,Organic (Certified),Wheelchair Access,Restaurant,Accommodation,Cellar Door
A boutique winery that operates ‘off the grid’, Arimia was established in 1997 by Ann Spencer. Located in the north end of Margaret River, it makes the most of its superb environment, surrounded by the untouched Cape Naturaliste National Park and the Indian Ocean, to make an innovative range of estate-grown wines.
The vineyard follows organic practices and grows a diverse mix of grapes, from Margaret River’s classics of Chardonnay and Cabernet Sauvignon through to Mourvedre, Zinfandel and Verdehlo.
One of the most authentic food and wine experiences to be found in Margaret River,
the acclaimed wine range can be sampled at the relaxed cellar door, built primarily using recycled and plantation timber.
Awarded ‘Gourmet Traveller Regional Restaurant of the Year’ 2018, Arimia’s menu comes mostly from farm-grown produce including pork and trout raised on the 55ha property. The kitchen, headed by chef Evan Hayter is dedicated to utilising entire animals, with a no-waste approach that encourages creativity. Bookings are highly recommended. Open Thursday to Tuesday for lunch.