Discover a Nyoongar campsite and dreamtime story by the still waters of Walyunga Pool.
- Attraction Fee:No fees apply
- Sites:Indigenous Sites & Information,Rivers, Lakes & Dams,Picnic Areas
- Feature:Toilet,Barbecue,Picnic Table,Dogs Allowed - No,2WD Access - Yes
- Activity:Bush Walking,Canoeing / Kayaking
Walyunga Pool is located at the end of Walyunga Road. The well drained area to the west of the pool is believed to be a Nyoongar camping site. Nyoongars say the Waugal took a wrong turn at this part of the river and had to squeeze through a crack in the range, before stopping and vomiting out the stones the Nyoongars use for tool making. Today the Walyunga Pool is a pleasant place to rest in the shade of the flooded gums and enjoy the peace of the river. The site is universally accessible.
This information was provided by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions: dpaw.wa.gov.au
- Address: ,Walyunga National Park,WA,