Lake Mason Conservation Park
Lake Mason is a remote former pastoral station.
- Park Entry Fees:No
No amenities are provided so visitors must be fully self sufficient and carry all supplies including water.
Originally established in 1906 when it was known as 'Berrigun', Lake Mason was later subject to numerous changes of boundaries and owners. Initially a cattle station, it changed to sheep and wool production for its primary income for more than 80 years. Lake Mason was purchased by the Government in 2000 and is 149,557 hectares in size. It adjoins the former Black Range, lease (79,300 hectares) and Kaluwiri stations, which were also purchased in 2000.
For road conditions visit www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or call Main Roads on 138 138.
This information was provided by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions: dpaw.wa.gov.au