Mount Trio Vineyard
A pristine vineyard on the slopes beside the Porongurup National Park, where long-time Great Southern winemaker Gavin Berry and wife Gill Graham grow highly-awarded Riesling, Shiraz and Pinot Noir.
- Open Days/times:Appointment Only
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Wine Variety:Merlot,Rosé,Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Muscat,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz
- Cases Produced:~3000 cases
- Vineyards:8 hectares
- Winemaker:Gavin Berry, Andrew Vesey, Caitlin Gazey
- Facilities:Appointment Only,Cellar Door
One of a handful of vineyards that back onto the Porongurup range, Mount Trio was planted in 1989 by Gavin Berry and Gill Graham. The vineyard is positioned on north-facing slopes with gravel loam soils, offering ideal growing conditions for the property’s Riesling, Pinot Noir and Shiraz; three varieties that perform best in the Porongurup region. The vines are managed with chemical-free viticulture practices.
Mount Trio takes its name from one of the peaks of the Stirling ranges. Winemaker Gavin Berry has worked over 25 vintages in the Great Southern region, with major roles as Chief Winemaker at Plantagenet and West Cape Howe Wines.
Visits to the vineyard can be arranged by appointment only.