Explore and escape to the country side in the Shire of Murray
The Murray District was founded in 1834, by Sir Thomas Peel and it boasts some of W.A.'s most unique heritage sites.
The Murray River flows all year throughout the District, starting in the picturesque hills of Dwellingup, through the hertiage town of Pinjarra and onwards through to Ravenswood and the Yunderup canals, eventually flowing into the Peel Harvey Estuary. The central hub is the town of Pinjarra (one of the oldest towns in WA) where you will find all the conveniences of a well serviced rural town and the Council Offices of the Shire of Murray.
Whether you are thinking of visiting or have your home in one of our many communities, welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay.
• So close, so far away -less than one hour from Perth
• Remarkable heritage and history
• An abundance of outdoor and adventure - Fish, hike, canoe and bike
• Wineries, restaurants, cafes - Relax, taste and enjoy
• With the new freeway the Murray River region is the perfect getaway- without the driving
• Cosy forest chalets, riverside apartments, houseboats
Dwellingup History & Info Centre
(08) 9538 1108
Pinjarra Visitor Centre
Ph: (08) 9531 1438