Appreciate the powerful beauty of the southern coastline from the lookout over Conspicuous Cliff. There is an unspoiled beach, limestone cliffs, and granite headlands.
- Attraction Fee:No fees apply
- Sites:Beaches & Bays,Rock Formations
- Feature:Toilet,Info Shelter,Lookout / Deck,Dogs Allowed - No,2WD Access - Yes
- Activity:Bush Walking,Surfing,Fishing
Spectacular limestone cliffs, after which the site is named, are a photographers delight, as is the large surf that pounds the shore of this pristine beach.
Conspicuous Cliff is easily accessible by two wheel drive, the walk trails and lookouts provide spectacular views and a chance to witness the antics of migrating whales in winter and spring. Take your time and appreciate the fabulous coastal heathland featuring swamp paperbark and the red flowing gum.
From the car park (200m return) there is a picnic shelter and lookout platform accessible to all. There is a fantastic boardwalk and stairs down to the beach where you can fish for salmon, feel the sand between your toes as you comb the beach for shells. Seabirds and other marine life are found here all year round
- Coast risk area - This stretch of coast can be hazardous due to large, unpredictable waves and swells, slippery rocks and strong currents and rips all year round so swimming is not advised.
- Rocks can be slippery when wet.
- When rock fishing be aware of freak waves.
Conspicuous Cliff is 13 kilometres east of Walpole on the South Coast Highway. Turn right at Conspicuous Beach Road. Follow this road south for about seven kilometres to Conspicuous Beach.
This information was provided by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions: dpaw.wa.gov.au
- Address: ,Walpole,WA,