A 5 Star Halliday-rated winery making exquisite wines from a family vineyard in Margaret River first planted in 1978 that is managed with holistic ecological processes to balance vine and nature.
- Open Days/times:No Cellar Door
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz,Sparkling,Sauvignon Blanc,Rosé
- Brands:UMAMU Estate
- Cases Produced:<1000 cases
- Established:The vineyard was established in 1978
- Vineyards:16.4 hectares
- Winemaker:Bruce Dukes
- Facilities:No Cellar Door
UMAMU is inspired by Balance and Contentment. These values reflect the balance we seek from vine to wine and has firmly become the philosophy of everything we do at UMAMU.
With an upbringing in both eastern and western cultures, Charmaine has combined a passion for natural science and management to operate her family's UMAMU vineyard. First planted in 1978, the vineyard is viewed as an ecosystem of vines, crops, flora and fauna which inhabit the area. In line with the estate`s ideals of balance and harmony, sustainable and environmentally responsible principles are followed in order to grow healthy, high quality fruit.
Varieties include Sparkling Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc Semillon, Chardonnay, Rose, Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Merlot, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, and can be purchased online.