A smaller version of the Mundaring Weir. Intended to supply water for the railway construction to Leonora. Never used because an underground water source was found after completion.
Built in 1897, the cement that was used to build the 8 m high dam was brought by camel from Coolgardie. It is ironic that when the dam was completed a natural underground water source was found and the dam was never used. It is popular for picnics and camping.