Windy Creek Estate Winery & Cellar Door
Windy Creek Estate is a family owned and operated winery located in the Swan Valley in the shadows of the Darling Range. The best kept secret in wine.
- Open Days/times:11am to 5pm, Tuesday to Sunday and most Monday public holidays.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Merlot,Chenin Blanc,Classic Dry White,Grenache,Pinot Gris,Ruby,Sauvignon Blanc,Semillon,Verdelho,Vermentino,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Shiraz,Fortified,Rosé
- Brands:Windy Creek Estate
- Wheelchair Access:Yes. Fully accessible parking, cellar door, gardens and toilet facilities
- Winemaker:Tony Cobanov
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Dogs Welcome,Light Food,Picnic Facilities,Wheelchair Access
Windy Creek Estate, formally Cobanov Wines, was first established in 1937 by Ante Cobanov.
He had left Croatia in 1924 and spent 13 years cutting sleepers in the south-west to enable him to put a deposit on this Swan Valley property that he purchased in 1937. They grew grapes for dried fruit production but made a small amount of wine for the Perth immigrant community.
The family has continued to produce wines for more than 80 years and we have been selling fruit to other wineries for approximately 40 years. The Windy Creek Estate label was first released in 1980.
Tony Cobanov, the current winemaker, entered the industry as a third generation winemaker and is very passionate about the Swan Valley and its lifestyle. He has 3 sons Joshua, Callum and Rohan so it is a distinct possibility that this will become a 4th generation business.
The winery employs modern and traditional wine making techniques producing white styles that are crisp and friendly showing big tropical fruit and finishing with a nice mouth feel.
The reds are full bodied and have an earthy, savoury aroma with full fruit and well-balanced tannin.
Their fortified wines are old, rich and luscious with good oak.
The Cellar Door
Windy Creek has recently upgraded its Cellar Door and now has ample lawn areas that are perfect for a lazy afternoon with friends and family with the Darling Range and vineyard as a backdrop.
Open 11am to 5pm - Tuesday - Sunday and most Monday public holidays
Ph: 9296 1057