Black Swan Winery & Restaurant
Enjoy one of the Perth’s best restaurants and premium food and wine experiences in the valley, a stunning rural setting and floor to ceiling panoramic views of the Darling Ranges.
- Open Days/times:Restaurant: Open 7 days per week for lunch - 11.30 - til close. Evenings - Friday & Saturday Diners - 5pm - til close.
- Wine Region:Swan District
- Wine Variety:Fortified,Dessert,Cabernet Franc,Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Chenin Blanc,Classic Dry White,Merlot,Muscat,Rosé,Shiraz,Sparkling
- Cases Produced:3000 cases
- Established:Purchased in 1998
- Winemaker:Rob Marshall
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Restaurant
Black Swan Winery and Restaurant sits on a property formerly known as “Gidney’s Corner”.
Husband and wife team, Barry Scrivener and Robyn Meloury purchased Black Swan in 1998 and converted the property to a “restaurant within a winery”. The venue is purposely built for guests to capture fantastic views of vineyards, the Darling Ranges and adjacent rural surroundings. The design and building materials reflect a style and blend of rustic Australian ambience.
The vines were mostly planted in 1941, including Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Shiraz, Merlot, Chenin & Chardonnay and later, Shiraz. The first vintage in 2001 reaped gold medals for the Cabernet Sauvignon and the Cabernet Franc at the 2002 Swan Valley Wine Show.
The panoramic views of the Darling Ranges are matched only by the fresh, seasonal produce on the menu, offering freshly-baked bread served with truffle oil to a drool-worthy red wine-braised beef cheek and seasonal delights. Chef’s gardens are established throughout of the property, providing much of the kitchen’s needs for organic herbs.