Unique wine tasting experience and grazing platters overlooking the amazing views of the Ferguson Valley!
- Open Days/times:Thurs-Sun 11:00am - 4:30pm; HOLIDAY OPENING HOURS - Last day trading: December 20th, 2020 Reopening: December 31st, 2020
- Wine Region:Geographe
- Wine Variety:Grenache,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Tempranillo,Verdelho,Chardonnay,Fiano,Mourvedre,Shiraz
- Vineyards:8 hectares under vine
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Winemaker:Ashley Keeffe and Vanessa Carson
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Functions,Light Food,Restaurant,Wheelchair Access
Green Door Vineyard & Winery is a small boutique winery in the Ferguson Valley. Ashley & Kath Keeffe purchased the run-down vineyard in 2006 and set about restoring and replanting, with the Grenache and Tempranillo finding near perfect conditions. Other grapes in the vineyard include Monastrell, Shiraz, Fiano, and Verdelho.
Ashley is very conscious of soil health and the vineyard is managed with a minimal intervention ethos, creating fruit with great flavour. All grapes are handpicked and basket pressed, with all wines made on the property by Ashley and consultant winemaker, Vanessa Carson. Various different wine making techniques are used including the use of Amphora pots for fermentation, cold soaking on skins and the addition of whole bunches to ferments.
There is a cellar door cafe on the property serving sharing style grazing platters showcasing local produce. The focal point of the cellar door is the grand green door, imported from Fez, Morocco. The Moorish theme of the winery and cafe menu matches the predominantly Spanish/European characteristics of the wines. Ash, Kath and their team take great satisfaction in being involved in the whole process of growing, making and sharing the enjoyment of the wines.