Sandy Point - Dirk Hartog Island Campground
Sandy Point is one of six designated camping areas in Dirk Hartog Island National Park (camping fees are payable and you must book before arriving).
- Attraction Fee:$20 adult per night, $15 concession card holder per night, $3 child per night (over 5 and under 16 years)
- Feature:Dogs Allowed - No,2WD Access - No
Sandy Point has no facilities and is essentially a wilderness camping experience. Look after the island while camping and it will still be in good condition the next time you visit:
• Bushfires are potentially devastating to people and wildlife. No wood fires or firewood collection is allowed. Portable cookers are preferred.
• Please take out what you bring in. Do not leave any rubbish, food scraps or any other items on the island and do not bury any rubbish. Stow rubbish securely to prevent it from being blown away.
• Bury toilet waste in a hole at least 50 centimetres deep at least 100 metres away from campsites and other public areas.
This information was provided by the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions: dpaw.wa.gov.au
- Address: ,Dirk Hartog Island,WA,