The Lake House Denmark
A wine and food lover’s wonderland, devoted to the art of slowing down and relaxing at its gorgeous lakeside cellar door, gourmet produce emporium and restaurant, just five minutes from Denmark.
- Open Days/times:Open daily 11am to 4pm
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Wine Variety:Sauvignon Blanc,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Shiraz,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Riesling,Rosé,Shiraz Cabernet,Sparkling,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Merlot
- Brands:He Said She Said, Postcard Series, Lake House Premium Reserve
- Cases Produced:8000 cases
- Vineyards:5.2 hectares
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Winemaker:James Kellie - Winemaker Garry Capelli - Vigneron
- Facilities:Light Food,Cellar Door,Restaurant,Dogs Welcome,Wheelchair Access
The Lake House follows a philosophy of slowing down, taking time out and enjoying laid back time with family and friends, good food and wine. This concept led the development of their wine range, cellar door, restaurant and range of gourmet condiments and grape-based body lotions.
It was established in 2006 by Garry Capelli and Leanne Rogers who fell in love with Denmark ten years prior, determining it would be the place they brought their country-living dreams to life.
Grapes are grown in the estate vineyard at Denmark and specialty sites in Mount Barker and Frankland River. The wines include Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir, which between them have received an impressive array of medals at Western Australian wine shows.
Perched beside a picturesque lake and vineyard, the Cellar Door is located just five minutes from Denmark town and offers complimentary tastings of over 20 different wines made by The Lake House team. In addition, a range of chutneys, vinegars, sauces, syrups and chocolates made under the Vinofood label are available for tasting too. Winespa body lotion products can also be sampled.
Lazy long lunches by the lake are what The Lake House hangs it hat on most. Open daily, the food, created from local produce, ranges from rustic vineyard platters to their famous beef and shiraz pie, curries and more.
Alongside their Vinofood and WineSpa products, The Lake House offers a range of deli foods and gift hampers, perfect to take for a picnic at the beach or for a light gourmet dinner to take away.