Visit the home of James Halliday’s ‘Best Australian Chardonnay’ and three-time Gourmet Traveller Wine ‘Great Southern Cellar Door of the Year’ at this chic, contemporary estate near Denmark.
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: 11am to 5pm daily
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Wine Variety:Dessert,Cabernet,Sparkling Cuvee,Fume Blanc,Gewurztraminer,Method Traditionale,Pinot Chardonnay,Pinot Gris,Tempranillo,Riesling,Botrytis Riesling,Cabernet Sauvignon,Grenache,Sauvignon Blanc,Sparkling,Mourvedre,Semillon Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Rose,Cabernet Merlot,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir
- Brands:Singlefile Wines, Run Free
- Cases Produced:9000 cases
- Vineyards:3.75 hectares
- Wheelchair Access:Yes
- Winemaker:Patrick Corbett, Coby Ladwig, Mike Garland
- Facilities:Cellar Door,Picnic Facilities,Wheelchair Access
A treasure of the Great Southern, Singlefile is the fruit of labour of the Snowden family, who purchased an established vineyard in Scotsdale Valley in 2008 after an extensive search around Australia; determining that Denmark ticked all the boxes for the quality wines and lifestyle they were seeking.
The team decided to focus the existing vineyard entirely on Chardonnay, pulling out Shiraz and Merlot vines and planting Gingin clone Chardonnay. Fruit for the balance of their wines is sourced from specialist vineyard sites throughout the Great Southern Region and its distinct areas including Mount Barker, Albany, Frankland River.
The cool climate wines are handpicked and made as naturally as possible to allow the fruit to be the star of the finished wine. Their Chardonnay was named Chardonnay of the Year by James Halliday (2019 Wine Companion).
Four tiers of wines are made, all of which are drawn from specially selected sites within the Great Southern, except for the estate-grown Chardonnay. Riesling, Cabernet blends, Pinot Noir and Fume Blanc are just some of the wine styles being made.
Set beside a stunning lake with beautiful manicured lawns, the wood and brick cellar door is tasteful and chic and a three-time recipient of Gourmet Traveller Wine’s ‘Best Cellar Door of the Great Southern’ award. Guests are welcome every day of the week to taste the wines and go on a journey of discovering the different styles of wines from the diverse Great Southern region. Bring your own picnics are welcome and there’s also an option to enjoy ‘Coco d’Vino’ which is a wine and chocolate tasting flight. No bookings required.
5 Red Stars