Rickety Gate Estate
Located on Denmark’s scenic Scotsdale Road tourist route, this lovely family winery produces superior quality cool climate wines.
- Open Days/times:Cellar door: Sat & Sun 11:00am to 4:30pm
- Wine Region:Great Southern
- Wine Variety:Botrytis Riesling,Botrytis Semillon,Cabernet,Cabernet Merlot,Cabernet Sauvignon,Merlot,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Sparkling Shiraz,Sparkling,Fortified,Dessert,Chardonnay
- Cases Produced:3000 cases
- Vineyards:3.3 hectares
- Winemaker:John Wade, Russell Hubbard
- Facilities:Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door
Purchased by Russell and Linda Hubbard in 2000, the property is situated on north-facing slopes of the Bennett Ranges; an area highly suited to cool-climate viticulture. The vineyard takes the best of organic and conventional farming principles to grow stunning, varietal fruit. John Wade, who James Halliday names as “arguably the most experienced winemaker in Western Australia” contract-makes the wines at the small onsite winery.
Varieties include Fume Blanc, Semillon Sauvignon Blanc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sparklings (Chardonnay, Rose, Riesling and Shiraz), Riesling, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Shiraz, Semillon Blanc Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Pinot Noir, Muscat and Ratafia.
The Rickety Gate cellar door provides a knowledgeable wine tasting experience, often hosted by owners Russell and Linda. Open Saturdays and Sundays 11:00am - 4:30pm.