Howard Park Wines
Proudly family-owned, Howard Park is the home of sparkling wine in West Australia & a champion of the cool climate Great Southern & world-renowned Margaret River wine regions.
- Open Days/times:7 days 10am-5pm
- Wine Region:Margaret River
- Wine Variety:Cabernet Sauvignon,Chardonnay,Pinot Noir,Riesling,Sauvignon Blanc,Shiraz,Brut,Cabernet,Cabernet Shiraz,Method Traditionale,Muscat,Sauvignon Blanc Semillon,Sparkling Rose,Fortified,Dessert,Rosé,Sparkling
- Brands:Howard Park Wines
- Wheelchair Access:Yes. Disabled parking, no stairs, wheelchair-friendly walkways, disabled wheelchair-friendly bathrooms
- Winemaker:Janice McDonald, Mark Bailey
- Facilities:Functions,Wheelchair Access,Cellar Door,Kids Play Area,Picnic Facilities
Since 1986 Howard Park has handcrafted wines of provenance and elegance.
The Howard Park cellar door is a must-see destination in Margaret River, as one of the foremost architectural buildings in the region. The visitor experience is the culmination of one family’s vision, two generations, two wine regions and four vineyards.
Howard Park is the biggest producer of sparkling wines in West Australia, and the only winery in Margaret River to make Champagne-method in-house.
The winery was commended for its architecture by the Royal Australian Institute of Architects in 2000, and judged among the nation’s top 12 buildings by The Sydney Morning Herald. It incorporates traditional Feng shui principles with a contemporary Australian aesthetic.
Calling two wine regions home – Margaret River and Great Southern – has allowed Howard Park to emerge as an Australian leader in crafting Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Riesling, Pinot Noir and methode traditionelle sparkling wines.
This breadth of wine and commitment to pursuing the highest quality fruit makes Howard Park one of the most memorable tasting experiences in Margaret River. Visits are unique & comprehensive in their multi-regional approach.
Set on 138 hectares of vines and native bushland, less than 5 minutes from the town of Cowaramup, the property is a spectacular place to witness the changing of the seasons. The meandering driveway reveals the striking winery building, nestled among native Marri & Jarrah trees.
The Cellar Door itself is surrounded by spacious lawn areas, where guests are invited join one of many annual events, or bring a picnic, borrow a blanket, a bocce set and enjoy a glass of wine under the sun.