Wildwood Valley Cottages and Cooking School
Wildwood Valley, with its magnificent views to the sea, offers self-contained accommodation set on 120 acres in the heart of Wine Region.
- Star Rating:4 star
Wildwood Valley, with its magnificent views to the sea, offers accommodation set on 120 acres in the heart of Wine Region. It is the perfect Margaret River accommodation choice for couples, honeymooners, families or groups.
Stay in one of our four self-contained cottages.
Our beautiful 120-acre property looks down the valley to Smiths Beach, giving us stunning ocean views.
Groups of up to 22 people booking the whole place will enjoy all the facilities within the privacy of a rural estate.
Things to See and Do:
Set on the Cape Naturaliste ridge overlooking Smiths Beach, Wildwood Valley is only 10-30 minutes away from all the beautiful beaches and little townsites of the Geographe Bay region - Yallingup, Dunsborough, Eagle Bay, Meelup, Margaret River and Busselton. Within this 35km radius there is an amazing diversity of attractions, activities and scenery.
Wildwood Valley is 6 kilometres from Yallingup, overlooking Smiths Beach. Yallingup is a small town perched on the cliffs of the most spectacular coastline in Western Australia, famous for its world class surfing beaches. Overlooking one of these magnificent beaches is Wildwood Valley.
Things to see and do in the area include
• A wonderful selection of wineries, galleries and restaurants within minutes of the property. Our Margaret River wines are among the best in the world.
• Visit our awe-inspiring caves for the ultimate eco experience.
• A stroll on the longest wooden jetty in the southern hemisphere, then descend 8 metres to the seabed in the Under Water Observatory where an enchanted underwater garden full of marine life awaits you.
• Play golf at one of two excellent championship golf courses in the area at very reasonable prices.
• Visit the Wardan Aboriginal Centre where the Wardandi people - traditional owners of most of the land in the Margaret River wine region -have chosen to share aspects of their culture with visitors.
• Swim with the dolphins in Koombana Bay or take a trip on the 'whale watcher' with Naturaliste Charters, where the whales come right up to the boat during their breeding period between August and December.
• Join divers from all over the world to explore the artificial reef created by the sinking of 'H.M.A.S. Swan'.
• Try a horse ride at sunset through bush to experience kangaroos in the wild, or just a short walk from Wildwood Valley is the Yallingup Shearing Shed where you can experience a working sheep farm in action.
• Walk part or all of the 120-kilometre Cape to Cape track that stretches the length of the Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park. Divided into short walks, visitors can explore the contrasting terrains of sandy beaches and clifftop paths, to shady forests and rocky coasts. In springtime, the wildflowers and orchards are plentiful.
It is difficult to imagine an area that offers you more than the Cape to Cape Margaret River Wine Region. Wildwood Valley is just one of the little gems to be found in this unique south-west corner of Western Australia.
Mad About Food Cooking Schools
If you are passionate about food, you will love what we are offering at Wildwood Valley. Enrol in one of Sioban's renowned cooking schools in Thai or Italian food, or participate in a wood fired Italian style cooking class run by Carlo.
After many years working 'front of house' in restaurants and hotels, and completing her degree in Hotel Management, Sioban has fulfilled a dream and trained under one of Australia's most recognised chefs, Neil Perry.
Sioban went on to learn the art of superb Thai food under Martin Boetz of Longrain in Sydney. Longrain has won consecutive awards as best Thai Restaurant since opening in 1999.
This experience, followed by two years in Tuscany, has refined my Sioban’s interest and knowledge in Italian and Thai food.
Sioban has designed her cooking schools so that the participants can be hands on! Groups can vary in numbers from 8 to10 people. You can choose to book an exclusive cooking school weekend with a group of friends or make a booking to join a scheduled cooking school weekend throughout the year.
For more information, click here: http://www.wildwoodvalley.com.au/food.htm